That's the last time I book early

lake5298

I booked ages ago for Azura 3 May Fjords. Paid £549.

Seen it at £495 - but not too bothered as I got £25pp obc and choice of dining.

Now I see it at £395 through Cruise Circle (part of coop travel)

Seems like P&O are still up to their tricks - so I'm going to wait till last minute in future.

Hi, Totally agree I went to Caribbean in February friend booked late paid half the price and had a bigger cabin.

Getting pretty fed up with P and O will be booking late may not get exactly what one wants but at least it will be much cheaper.

It isn't only P and O , we booked with Celebrity 12 weeks ago and got a great deal, we saved 2/3rds off the cabin we have been Allocated, we are going to the fjords on the 2nd May, this is the first time we have ever paid less than full price

You can't blame P and O they all do it and I have been in your position of seeing massive price drops after I have paid and understand how you feel but it happens all the time, the best thing to do is have a great cruise, don't let it spoil things for you:)

The key to the new pricing policy is, or should be, all Select fare customers who opted to be considered for an upgrade get offered one if spare cabins are available at a higher grade. Only after this are those cabins sold at lower prices. So far I have not seen any evidence that this is not happening.

I paid £549 for Select Fare - I was quite happy that Saver was £499.

Now that Saver has dropped to £399 I'm less happy - and I will certainly wait to the last minute in future - saving £150 on a £500 cruise is quite a lot to save.

If it means that by waiting I end up on another cruise line - well, I'll live with it.

Now that Saver has dropped to £399 I'm less happy - and I will certainly wait to the last minute in future - saving £150 on a £500 cruise is quite a lot to save.

If it means that by waiting I end up on another cruise line - well, I'll live with it.

This comes up time and time again as you know. As others have said, the rules have been changed so that those who pay Select fares enjoy benefits that those on Early Saver etc don't. people who book late, you may save money but the problem is that they then come on and moan that they had a noisy cabin, didn't get the sitting they wanted and so on. The old adage is you get what you pay for and P&O seem to be trying to make sure that happens this year.

Whichever line you cruise with, you will find prices very often go down as the cruise draws nearer. My inbox is full of offers just now from RCCI, Princess and Celebrity, not only P&O.

At the weekend, I bought some cans of Sprite at the supermarket for £4.09 and today they were on offer at 2 packs for £5. Special offers / cut prices are all around us :)

We got fed up with this too, which is why we don't cruise P&O anymore.

We cruise Celebrity - and certainly, yes, they do discount cruises. The huge difference is that if the price of your cabin comes down, you can either upgrade or get obc. Different ball game altogether IMHO

Lou

When you booked did you opt to be considered for an upgrade?

are these cheap savers for the same type cabin you originally booked?

are better cabins on offer at cheaper prices than you paid?

as far as i understand there are 3 choices for select fare bookers.

1. no upgrade

2. any upgrade

3. upgrade but only to a better cabin type

If you are booking a cruise early then presumably you can afford or are happy yo pay the price you pay, If it drops it drops, You can wait and maybe get a deal or maybe miss out, You make your choices

We have booked Azura for Norway on May 2nd just over a week ago when the price dropped to £695. We did not want to wait any longer and risk missing out, Today a balcony cabin is at £599, but we are happy with what we paid so thats that. and we have been allocated a reasonable GA cabin so no complaints:cool: