Join us for a Live Chat with Adam Goldstein, President & COO of Royal Caribbean

We're very excited to have Adam Goldstein, President & CFO of Royal Caribbean, answering your questions tomorrow (Friday, October 31) at 11am Eastern (3pm GMT).

Mr. Goldstein is onboard Quantum of the Seas, which made its debut in U.K. waters Wednesday. It sets out Monday for Bayonne, New Jersey.

Mr. Goldstein will be here for an hour answering your questions about the line's newest -- and the world's most technologically advanced -- ship, Quantum of the Seas.

You can start posting your questions here now: http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Onboard_Quantum_of_the_Seas_with_Adam_Goldstein_President__CEO_Royal

Edited by LauraS

We're very excited to have Adam Goldstein, President & CFO of Royal Caribbean, answering your questions tomorrow (Friday, October 31) at 11am Eastern (3pm GMT).

Mr. Goldstein is onboard Quantum of the Seas, which made its debut in U.K. waters Wednesday. It sets out Monday for Bayonne, New Jersey.

Mr. Goldstein will be here for an hour answering your questions about the line's newest -- and the world's most technologically advanced -- ship, Quantum of the Seas.

You can start posting your questions here now: http://*******/1FZIlNK

Interesting that

Adam Coulter

Senior Editor

Cruise Critic UK

editor@cruisecritic.co.uk

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk

Would post a banned link

Edited by derf5585

You can start posting your questions here now: http://*******/1FZIlNK

SUNDAY we sail on the Maiden Voyage not Monday. Of course that is unless you know something that the Quantum Launchers (11/2 Roll Call) don't ?

Edited to Add - You might like to check out your link.

Edited by Elizanessie

• Administrators
Interesting that

Adam Coulter

Senior Editor

Cruise Critic UK

editor@cruisecritic.co.uk

www.cruisecritic.co.uk

Would post a banned link

Actually not a banned link but for bit . ley, which I don't allow on the forums because people aren't always posting nice things at bit . ley links. Adam just didn't know :)

• Administrators
How do we find this chat?
'

Oh, you probably didn't notice that I fixed Adam's link in his post.

Here's a link to the chat:

http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Onboard_Quantum_of_the_Seas_with_Adam_Goldstein_President__CEO_Royal

Hi there,

Stepping in for Adam Coulter, here, who is onboard Quantum as we speak.

To leave a question, visit the link and click "Make a comment." You'll need a screen name -- feel free to use your Cruise Critic handles, your own or log in with Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Google+ etc. Whatever you're comfortable with. Once you do that, you'll have a box to make a comment. You can also upload photos or videos (there's an arrow for the photo and a video icon for the video). I've uploaded some screenshots here to help you out.

We're so excited that Adam Goldstein is joining us. Can't wait to hear your questions!

Colleen

1919024306_ScreenShot2014-10-31at9_46_11AM.jpg.315dadbc00d94bab901107e7ee07d11a.jpg

1687142924_ScreenShot2014-10-31at9_59_18AM.jpg.bec77c2c714779ae78173b7f5a0afae5.jpg

For those that didn't attend the items that stood out to me were:

• North Star now requires reservations (Was stated as not allowing them before except for premium rides, and was still a bit confusing in the answers given)
  • Both North Star and RipCord should be open for reservations ahead of time (Adam wasn't sure why they were not available yet)
  • The Captain's Reception will not exist on Quantum (This is a huge loss IMO, loved seeing all the crew and identifying the ones I've sailed with before)
  • There is no welcome event planned for Quantum when she arrives in the US (a bit shocked since every other ship has gotten one, but so far Quantum hasn't had as much executive attention period)
  • When questioned about the terminal being ready for the 21st the word "goal" was used which means some uncertainty still seems to exist.
  • Wow Bands are already available and functional on the ship
  • The Royal iQ app for Android will not be available for the transatlantic and they do not know when it will be.

• North Star now requires reservations (Was stated as not allowing them before except for premium rides, and was still a bit confusing in the answers given)
  • Both North Star and RipCord should be open for reservations ahead of time (Adam wasn't sure why they were not available yet)
  • The Captain's Reception will not exist on Quantum (This is a huge loss IMO, loved seeing all the crew and identifying the ones I've sailed with before)
  • There is no welcome event planned for Quantum when she arrives in the US (a bit shocked since every other ship has gotten one, but so far Quantum hasn't had as much executive attention period)
  • When questioned about the terminal being ready for the 21st the word "goal" was used which means some uncertainty still seems to exist.
  • Wow Bands are already available and functional on the ship
  • The Royal iQ app for Android will not be available for the transatlantic and they do not know when it will be.

Thanks for the recap. Wasn't able to listen in so anyone else who has some "tidbits" such as these please share!!

On board in less than 3 weeks. Hope they get a few of these things straightened out for us, however knew going in there would most likely be some bumps so not surprised at all. Just looking forward to my turn :D

Royal Caribbean, it has been nearly 4 years since you announced this new class of ship, she is stunning and has so many many new things on her which I am very excited about.

What a shame though that you can provide Royal iQ for Iphones/IPads but not for Android...so much for your Smart ship :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see just when you actually do bring this App out.

But alas for those of us who have Android who are boarding on Sunday for the Maiden Voyage (or as we call it, the forgotten cruise) it will be too late. :(

Thank you to everyone for showing up. You had amazing questions!

As akcruz said, you can replay the whole chat by clicking the original link. We couldn't get to all the questions, because there were so many. But ... We've go our Editor in Chief Carolyn Spencer Brown onboard from now all the way through the end of the transatlantic, so you can post questions and see photos on this new link. It won't be live the whole time, like it was with Adam. She'll answer the questions and post new items throughout the trip. You can post your questions, and she'll answer when she has time. If you do want to catch her live, she'll be on that chat at 3 p.m. (EST) Thursday, Nov. 6.

Also, if you posted a question that Adam didn't answer, it's on that new link for Carolyn. Enjoy!

Thanks again!

Colleen

Edited by Editor Colleen
adding detail

Thanks so much Colleen!

Either you or Carolyn posted that a picture of a cabin in the webchat was a Studio. Before I get too excited about seeing a sofa in that pic, could you verify that it was an actual 'Studio'?

I don't know how you all can do your job and not take time to have fun on that ship!

Have a blast Carolyn!

Edited by Nhsaltshaker

Thanks so much Colleen!

Either you or Carolyn posted that a picture of a cabin in the webchat was a Studio. Before I get too excited about seeing a sofa in that pic, could you verify that it was an actual 'Studio'?

I don't know how you all can do your job and not take time to have fun on that ship!

Have a blast Carolyn!

You're so right! that was not a solo cabin. That was a junior suite. I've attached a photo of the solo here. I snapped this one from a shipyard tour in August.

[*]North Star now requires reservations (Was stated as not allowing them before except for premium rides, and was still a bit confusing in the answers given)

[*]Both North Star and RipCord should be open for reservations ahead of time (Adam wasn't sure why they were not available yet)

Finished the last of fixing up my mysteriously cancelled reservations and undoing certain entertainment and dining overlaps - Kudos to Otto from Guatemala City. According to Otto, reservations for North Star and IFly are to be on board, unless you're reserving a premium occasion (wedding, engagement, etc. for which you'll be extra) or are reserving lessons.

So, who should we believe? Otto, or Goldstein? I'll go with Otto - plus these are unavailable for booking for the Jan. 23 sailing, although other on board experiences are available, such as the character breakfast and all access tour.

Now that I've got all my dining and entertainment figured out, and I'm not eating at awful times, I'm excited!!!