Flight times from Orlando/Pt. Canaveral

kunta67

If I'm looking to book on Freedom of the Seas and the ship gets back into port at 6 AM, can I catch a 10:30 AM flight from Orlando? Also would RCI run the shuttle that early to Orlando Airport? Thanks for your help!!

If I'm looking to book on Freedom of the Seas and the ship gets back into port at 6 AM, can I catch a 10:30 AM flight from Orlando? Also would RCI run the shuttle that early to Orlando Airport? Thanks for your help!!

I would not recommend it, but you can make it if there are zero delays, you do self-assist disembarkation, and you have a dedicated car service (not shared) to get you to the airport.

It's risky. I've gone in and out of Port Canaveral many times and I wouldn't rely on being back in east Orlando any earlier than 9:30. Is it doable, sure. The problem is that there is really only route from the port back to the airport and if there are ANY issues on that route you'll be screwed. The earliest flight that I would risk out of MCO is 11:00.

It's important to note that the RCCL shuttles do not leave the port until all seats are filled. Therefore you actually have no control over the time that the scuttled will actually depart for the airports which can complicate you early flight plans

Edited by xxoocruiser

I wouldn't chance it. I have done gone out of this Port 4x in the past 2 years. It is always stressful with an early flight.

Defn not with a shared shuttle. Maybe if you get a private car.

Docked at 6 really means it's 7-730 at the earliest your off the boat, through customs etc. So you should be at the airport around 8-830. Thats with no delays. Then you have to check in an security which can be an hour at times depending on how busy they are.

So would not even think about doing it with a shared shuttle as they wait for it to fill or most of them have a list of names, so if the last name on the list doesnt get off the boat till 9am, your out of luck.

While I've been to the airport as early as 9:10, these were Saturday departures with luggage checked onboard. Even so, I had an 11:50 flight and felt more comfortable given the concerns mentioned above. If you need to check-in and or check luggage, I wouldn't risk it. Also remember that you're competing with all of the theme park crowds, so getting though both the check-in lines and the security lines could take quite awhile.

I'd recommend a later flight for less stress.

No ! We usually use Royals transportation, and have been told by them they won't let you transfer if your flight is before noon ! I'm guessing they don't want to be responsible if you re late ! Your best bet is to call Royal and check !

The problem is that there is really only route from the port back to the airport and if there are ANY issues on that route you'll be screwed. The earliest flight that I would risk out of MCO is 11:00.

Early February this year we had a towncar booked at something like 9. We somehow ended up feeling like we had to disembark at about 7:30 or so, but then add time on for getting through customs, etc. We texted our driver to let him know we were way early, and he had been on his way for closing in on an hour. He was turtling along 528 because there was a thick, thick fog causing huge problems. He said later he had never seen such fog before on that route. It didn't clear until we were halfway back to the airport.

I cannot imagine needing to be at the airport at 8:30 (2 hours before a 10:30 flight, and at MCO you do tend to need that whole time) with that possibility hanging over my head.