Tapatalk users chime in!

CaribbeanCrush

PROS:

Shows preview of pics so you know not to waste data by clicking on a thread with full-sized ones;

No signatures! No need to keep scrolling to pass posts with signatures that shout in oversized fonts for no good reason.

CONS:

Like most apps, much too easy to inadvertently subscribe/add to favorites/'like' with a stray touch of your pinkie;

No invisibility: will show the green dot when you are logged in even if set to invisible here on the website;

Main page has "most popular" subforums at the top before the alphabetical listing. Has never been any except RCI, Celebrity, NCL or Ask a Cruise Question. (I guess Carnival Corp. brands are not greasing any palms);

And now just started: ads not just at top or bottom of page but intermingled amongst the list of threads.

Edited by fishywood

I keep getting asked to use Tapatalk when I log in from my phone or iPad. What are the pros and cons?

You can just add a tile to your homescreen on either device avoiding apps that run junk in the background and use battery life. Click on the tile and go straight to cc , no info given out or no need to join anything

Look at all the junk tapatalk wants to do on your device

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?location=http://tapatalk.com/privacy.php&token=96136CD7D2EB7B69C9453D1BA61A3FDFA1538872&source=standards

Edited by setsail

Tapatalk is ok but I only use it when I quickly want to post a picture without having to first upload it to a photo site. Problem is the pictures are sometimes too small to see and others are exactly right. Don't know why there is a difference.

PROS:

Shows preview of pics so you know not to waste data by clicking on a thread with full-sized ones;

No signatures! No need to keep scrolling to pass posts with signatures that shout in oversized fonts for no good reason.

CONS:

Like most apps, much too easy to inadvertently subscribe/add to favorites/'like' with a stray touch of your pinkie;

No invisibility: will show the green dot when you are logged in even if set to invisible here on the website;

Main page has "most popular" subforums at the top before the alphabetical listing. Has never been any except RCI, Celebrity, NCL or Ask a Cruise Question. (I guess Carnival Corp. brands are not greasing any palms);

And now just started: ads not just at top or bottom of page but intermingled amongst the list of threads.

I use it on my phone and find it quicker to navigate through posts. I was wondering if there is a way to customize the 4 icons that show on the main page but looks like tho is pre-set by Tapatalk?

Using it now! 😁 My tablet is a Kindle Fire, so message board apps tend to be limited.

It takes time to adjust, but it does fit my browsing style. And I'm one that loves being able to breeze over signatures and not have pictures take up the whole width of my screen.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else have problems with TapaTalk and/or the Forums android apps last night?:confused: They seem to be fine now!:)

Haven't tried this morning but I couldn't get in to TapaTalk on my Windows phone last night. Wouldn't load. But I also noticed that the CC website on my pc later on was also either very slow or 'page not found'. Are those the kind of errors you were getting?

You can just add a tile to your homescreen on either device avoiding apps that run junk in the background and use battery life. Click on the tile and go straight to cc...

This is what I do for all of the forums I'm involved in. Just creat a shortcut. Done.

• 2 months later...