Cabin 7388 on Voyager of the Seas

lbeg

I have just booked cabin 7388 on Voyager of the Seas in November after much research, but am still a little confused.

We recently had an aft cabin on the Radiance of the Seas and it was beautiful. The aft balconies on Voyager look like you are looking at a big open deck in front of you before you can see ocean. This particular room seems to be smaller than other aft balconies also. I'm also a little worried this room may be dark as it only appears to have a small opening door to the balcony.

Can anyone please give their opinion as to whether a mid-ship normal balcony room would be better than this room. Has anyone else stayed in this room and have any cabin photos.

The other option of aft balcony we had was 8392 or possibly 1692.

I cannot find any of the cabin online, only the balcony. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

We had 7388 on Voyager to NZ. The room was a little smaller but with a 2 seater couch, it was ok. The room was a little darker but didn't really bother us. But the balcony was huge. As on the youtube clip, there is some infrastructure in view. It was just a fabulous position for viewing the fjords in NZ. Unfortunately the weather mostly was disagreeable on our cruise so we didn't make much use of the balcony. The wind and rough seas caused a couple of slight problems. Some light soot on the outdoor rails and furniture, a banging metal door below (I think crew area), a fair bit of movement and engine noise. Would I choose the cabin again? Yes, but only for a hopefully sunnier itinerary - to make use of the great balcony.

Thank you all. The videos and comments have been really helpful. I would have been disappointed seeing a bunk bed above our bed but when you know what to expect it's not so bad and the balcony area looks great. It was good also to see there is actually a large glass door and not a single door. Thanks again!

You can't go wrong with this cabin! The balcony is HUGE! We stayed in 7688 which is the exact same cabin but on the port side on the Navigator last May. Here is a video we took that shows our hammock!

:D

Oops, I just re-read your original post and missed that you were looking for pics of the interior. Well, there is a quick shot of the inside and I can tell you that it was not a dark cabin at all!

Edited by suzon

We had 7688 on voyager last year. Best cabin. We had no issue what so ever. The cabin was light. It had a double couch.

As others have said, it's the balcony which makes this room the one to have. It is do large it became light a lounge room to us. We spent every possible moment on the balcony.

You really can't go wrong with this cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you Suzon the video did look amazing. I could only see a glimpse of your room but didn't see a bunk bed over the double bed. I have been worried this may feel claustrophobic even though it can be lifted up that you would feel it infringing on your space. Did you have one of these in your room?

Thank you Suzon the video did look amazing. I could only see a glimpse of your room but didn't see a bunk bed over the double bed. I have been worried this may feel claustrophobic even though it can be lifted up that you would feel it infringing on your space. Did you have one of these in your room?

The pullman drops out of the ceiling above the bed and is put away during the day. If needed your steward will set it up each night, if not needed you'll never see it.

We had the same cabin on Explorer and loved it. We took the corner on deck 9 over deck 8 on Adventure because of the fact that there is only a partial glass door (rather than the slider you get on deck 7). On deck 9, the whole door is glass.

As Crookedhalo posted, the pullman bed is part of the ceiling.....it looks like a panel when not used. If you need it, the room steward pulls it down at night and then stows it in the day when he/she makes up your room. If it's just two of you in the cabin, you'll never even know it's there :) You will just love this cabin! Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 months later...
You can't go wrong with this cabin! The balcony is HUGE! We stayed in 7688 which is the exact same cabin but on the port side on the Navigator last May. Here is a video we took that shows our hammock!

:D

Oops, I just re-read your original post and missed that you were looking for pics of the interior. Well, there is a quick shot of the inside and I can tell you that it was not a dark cabin at all!

Love the video and the hammock! We are in this cabin on the NOS in July and can't wait for time on the balcony!

Love the video and the hammock! We are in this cabin on the NOS in July and can't wait for time on the balcony!

Thanks! You will absolutely LOVE that balcony! Did you get a hammock? :D

This is the one we got from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Texsport-14258-La-Paz-Hammock/dp/B000P9GZUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432230583&sr=8-1&keywords=la+paz+hammock

They have lots of different styles available!

That's the same hammock we bought - this is 7388's balcony on Navigator (sister ship to Voyager.) We had it for our transatlantic, and it was great since 8 sea days gave us a lot of hammock time!!!:D

Judy

P.S. There are 'holes' in the structural beams that make it easy to tie up the hammock, but you will need some extra rope.

Nav7388balcony.jpg

Edited by foxgoodrich

That's the same hammock we bought - this is 7388's balcony on Navigator (sister ship to Voyager.) We had it for our transatlantic, and it was great since 8 sea days gave us a lot of hammock time!!!:D

Judy

Hey Judy! You and Buzz were our inspiration for the hammock! We sailed on Navigator with y'all last May :D

Hey Judy! You and Buzz were our inspiration for the hammock! We sailed on Navigator with y'all last May :D

Hi Suzon!!!

I kind of thought your screen name was familiar from some roll call or other! The pic I posted of Buz in the hammock had Ft Lauderdale in the background. We had an unscheduled stop on day 3 on our April 2013 NOLA to Rome trip for a medical evacuation A woman on our roll call had broken her ankle - I felt so bad for her!

The cruise we had with you last May was our first time to see the newly renovated Nav - I thought she looked great! Unfortunately we didn't score a deck 7 corner aft on that one, though. We're glad you enjoyed yours!!

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

• 6 months later...