Smell raw sewage? Holland Cruise Line steps up to the plate.

Guest OBAYbee

Guest OBAYbee

There is a very interesting article in USA Today. It concerns Holland cruise lines and it addresses the complaints of 4 separate cabins and the passengers in them that endured the smell of raw sewage during their cruise. They have offered these 4 $1,000 compensation. They have been unable to locate the 4th cabin passengers and there is an address there you can use if it is you to contact them.

First of all, I want to let it be known that I have never experienced this on any of my cruises. I have how ever read on these boards about numerous others who have had the unfortunate experience and I hope to pass along this info.

Reading this article it becomes very obvious that they didn't just have a foul smell. It made them feel ill and they had to sleep with their door open.

Last time I posted an interesting article from USA Today it was removed and I have yet to know why. Hopefully if this thread is of interest to you it will stay up long enough for you to read it.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/burbank/2005-08-09-column_x.htm

I cannot say we had sewage smells in our stateroom, but some of the worse sewage smells I have ever smelled came from a HAL ship. It was in the passageway outside of the showroom area, from the dining room to the theater. It was so awful that we had to hold our noses and run through the passageway.:( :eek: :(

Guest OBAYbee
Obaybee -

Only 11 days until your Adventure cruise!

Please make sure to give us a detailed review when you return :) We are booked on Adventure for January and I can't wait!!

Will do! I am getting excited now. I remember counting down with 3 digits pretty soon I will be single digits.

Archived