FREEDOM Boston cover band

I've been reading on some of the threads that the Boston cover band on Freedom is really good. We are cruising on Freedom on March 29th, does anyone know how long the Boston band will be on Freedom?

This was the best show I never expected to see on a cruise ship! A lot of people walked out and there will probably be a fair number of complaints, so I hope that everybody who enjoyed it said so on their post-cruise survey.

This was the best show I never expected to see on a cruise ship! A lot of people walked out and there will probably be a fair number of complaints, so I hope that everybody who enjoyed it said so on their post-cruise survey.

I was on Feb 1st sailing and saw this band and they were AWESOME!!! (and exactly right I never expected a show like that) Sadly, there were a very large number of senior citizens who ran for the exits and undoubtedly threw they're loyal rumps around complaining....I felt really bad for the performers who HAD to have seen them tottling for the doors, but the folks who stayed were rewarded with a great show. This is the literal rock and the hard place RC is right now. Who do you please? The older loyal cruisers - or the "new" younger cruisers -the mere gold, platinum and emerald? Really, you can't please all the people all the time.

BTW, I did write in my post cruise survey that this cover band was the best and most entertaining show (on a ship) I've seen in a long time.

Originally Posted by TomAceEsq

They probably thought it was the sequel to Chicago.

Okay, that was downright hilarious.

Ha, good one! I actually ran into the band in the Promenade the next day and told them how much we enjoyed the show. I mentioned the mass exodus and they said they were used to it. We actually speculated that those people might have thought it was a Boston Pops tribute. I applaud RCI for hosting a band that they must have known wouldn't appeal to everyone, and I hope they do it more often!

Edited by Goof3

Yes, I'm and old fart and I like the Boston Pops, I like Boston, but if you put "RUSH" on the stage I will be there with bells on....;)

My wife and I have floor seats for their show on July 11th! 21st row out of 40.

:D :D :D - well played, sir. :cool:

Why, thank you. It's also possible they thought it was an Oklahoma! remake set on the east coast. We'll never know. :D

It was highly advertised as a ROCK concert. That is why I couldn't understand all of those "older" people showing up and then feeling the need to rudely walk out. If they had been paying attention at all to what the show that they were attending was about they wouldn't have been shocked. We loved it!!...highly entertaining with great crowd involvement. The singing and guitar playing was excellent!! It was a very pleasant surprise to have this sort of act on the ship.

Maybe the old farts don't know the difference between Boston and the Boston Pops? :p

Funny!

My husband and I would have loved a show like this. In fact, it's probably one he would actually go to! :)

I would consider us in the mature, but not quite old fart, age group. I'll be 54 next month, and Boston was one of my favorite bands when I was in high school. I had all their albums on 8-track. :D

Really though, we would love seeing something like this on board. Maybe they think by doing the 70's show, they're throwing a bone to our demographic.

Funny!

My husband and I would have loved a show like this. In fact, it's probably one he would actually go to! :)

I would consider us in the mature, but not quite old fart, age group. I'll be 54 next month, and Boston was one of my favorite bands when I was in high school. I had all their albums on 8-track. :D

Really though, we would love seeing something like this on board. Maybe they think by doing the 70's show, they're throwing a bone to our demographic.

My DH who is 54 said it was the best act he's seen on a ship by far. We really had a good time.

My wife and I have floor seats for their show on July 11th! 21st row out of 40.

Sounds great, you will definitely have no trouble hearing them. Been to 4 or 5 concerts, but the last one, Snakes and Arrows, everyone seemed to want to be standing up through the whole show. Cant do that anymore.:(