Dawn: Hurricane Option Poll

dongordon

If a hurricane is in the path of the Dawn, where would you like to like to go?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. If a hurricane is in the path of the Dawn, where would you like to like to go?

• Stay at sea away from the storm and only go to Nassau
    • Head for Canada!
    • Let's ride the storm and take our chances!

As long as I'm on board enjoying the ship and not in harm's way, I don't care where we go! Quick question for anyone who knows..........how far is the straw market from the ship in Nassau? Thanks!

Happy Sailing!!!!!

I have a feeling that if they have to go through it or change anything, there will be some on board that will make both true.

LOL but I also can sing "O Canada"...there is no good way on this one. If they cancel and refund the money people will be annoyed too.

As long as I'm on board enjoying the ship and not in harm's way, I don't care where we go! Quick question for anyone who knows..........how far is the straw market from the ship in Nassau? Thanks!

Happy Sailing!!!!!

Not far, you can walk.

Hurricane?? I want a refund, an upgrade to the GV, open bar, a lounge chair at my personal disposal, OB credit, and a free cruise in the future!

Oh. And the Mediterranean.

:D

Ditto!!! I leave Sunday and the GV would be nice. :D :D I'd be happy going anywhere except into a hurricane! :eek:

I chose to go to Canada or a very very wide path to Florida. Can they do that?? I'll be leaving on Sunday and will be happy to just be on board. Make the best of it!

Judy: See you on Sunday or Monday...

If a hurricane is in the path of the Dawn as it leaves NYC, where would you like to go?

If the HURRICANE is in the path, who has the right of way?

Usually we say we're in the path OF the hurricane as we prepare to alter course.

Riding out the storm on a passenger vessel is foolhardy at best. Leave that to the Navy and USCG. Take her south and west and allow people to disembark if they wish and fly them home.

Cheers,

Norman

Judy, Amelia, and Dawn Cruise--aren't you lucky! You're going to have a wonderful time, don't worry about the weather. I wish I could be there too on Sunday!

You'll be in good hands with Capt. Peterstam, no doubt about that. We had very rough seas coming home on Mother's Day (remember that debacle for thepoor M-Day cruisers!?) and I felt totally safe with him at the helm.

Have a great time! :)

I gotta tell you that the Canada/New England itinerary IMHO only is one of the "hidden gems of cruising"... esp. in summer and September.. Love Bermuda but if I can't go there my choice would not be Nassau over the TON of stuff to do in St John, Boston, Halifax.. not beachy I know but not sloppy seconds IMHO only...

I gotta tell you that the Canada/New England itinerary IMHO only is one of the "hidden gems of cruising"... esp. in summer and September.. Love Bermuda but if I can't go there my choice would not be Nassau over the TON of stuff to do in St John, Boston, Halifax.. not beachy I know but not sloppy seconds IMHO only...

I agree with you and as a person who has done the Canada route instead of Bermuda we had a great time but many of the people on the Cruise were from New England did wanted the other way for a change. Including a whole lot of people from Boston who wound up spending a day in Boston and couldn't get off permanently(a Jones Act violation)---

Riding out the storm on a passenger vessel is foolhardy at best. Leave that to the Navy and USCG. Take her south and west and allow people to disembark if they wish and fly them home.

I couldn't agree more. I believe that people who voted for that option have never actually been through a hurricane. It's not exactly a thrill ride...even for adrenaline junkies like me!

My real answer to this question is that I really don't care if the ship ever leaves the port of embarkation. By the time I take vacation all I want is to not be at my desk (which is where I am now, at 5:25 am. Kill me now...:rolleyes: )

Canada is not a bad option, but the fog that accompanies the cruise is a bummer.

Just curious:

Is the fog a usual happening on a cruise to Canada? I have only been on a cruise to Canada once and there was plenty of fog both coming and going in July.

Don

Hurricane?? I want a refund, an upgrade to the GV, open bar, a lounge chair at my personal disposal, OB credit, and a free cruise in the future!

Oh. And the Mediterranean.

:D

FF salad dressing ... and ....

A relaxing treatment in the spa for all the stress they have caused me!

Canada is not a bad option, but the fog that accompanies the cruise is a bummer.

Just curious:

Is the fog a usual happening on a cruise to Canada? I have only been on a cruise to Canada once and there was plenty of fog both coming and going in July.

Don

Yes, it is. I went to Canada last july and we also had fog both ways and it was very cold. It was July 4th. Talking to the crew they said it is always like that. Maritime Canada for me no more. When I cruise I want crystal blue water or Alaska. No foggy weather. :cool:

Archived