Ovation under construction

• 3 weeks later...
My guess is perhaps the SeaPlex.

Thanks for sharing these photo updates.

Would think that it's way too early for a top level block. The square windows are usually just above the water level (deck 4 ish) so I would saw a lower back block considering the engines, etc are being working on already. Then again, maybe there are blocks ready we can't see and we should consider a top one. I could see this possibly be part of the back of the pool desk with the flat part at the top being the Gold Card sun deck.

Would think that it's way too early for a top level block. The square windows are usually just above the water level (deck 4 ish) so I would saw a lower back block considering the engines, etc are being working on already. Then again, maybe there are blocks ready we can't see and we should consider a top one. I could see this possibly be part of the back of the pool desk with the flat part at the top being the Gold Card sun deck.

That block is part of the top rear Port Side of the SeaPlex. On Quantum you can see those windows right next to the food truck.

That block is part of the top rear Port Side of the SeaPlex. On Quantum you can see those windows right next to the food truck.

Tall-Cruiser - Bang on. I've seen that block too many times to not recognise it. :)

0623c95f0625381a1e42a276315e1ba0.jpg

ca4043478046dd30ad7a71e65e03e26c.jpg

Tall-Cruiser, I think it was you who mentioned that we hadn't seen inside of Hall 5 in a while. Here are two shots inside from visitors to the yard. Good ol' visitors. What would we have one without them.

23ecaed9cc44ffae3fb8b4981370bb69.jpg

1e90987faba2cb29ff6b15223217562d.jpg

And some photos similar to MasterSchnief's ...

e155e087976060e8dcc54163e3dbeaa0.jpg

7a84b3b07b0d241af63aeec2e2a46250.jpg

15f503edefc20a36cf1e1d133d0b15d5.jpg

There are some Minions trying to pull me away from my laptop right now.

Something about "Not another Quantum-class ship!!!"

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd - Thanks for finding that photo of the SeaPlex area. Also thanks for the photo updates from Hall 5 (and Hall 6). Since most of the ships Meyer is building these days are so big, Hall 5 seems to be the default place for assembly, store then move to Hall 6 for completion.

With Ovation now also going to Austrailia, I think more people will follow the ship building process again. The question is, will Ovation be changed that much for China or minor since it will also go to Australia?

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

• 3 weeks later...
Lloyd - Thanks for finding that photo of the SeaPlex area. Also thanks for the photo updates from Hall 5 (and Hall 6). Since most of the ships Meyer is building these days are so big, Hall 5 seems to be the default place for assembly, store then move to Hall 6 for completion.

With Ovation now also going to Austrailia, I think more people will follow the ship building process again. The question is, will Ovation be changed that much for China or minor since it will also go to Australia?

More of Hall 5 ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...