Breakaway Review March 29 - April 5 Short and Sweet

*Luv2Cruz*

Just got back from my second Breakaway cruise and luved it!:D Last year I was in a studio and this year me and my girlfriend enjoyed our B1 aft balcony! Special thanks to the excellent BA staff for their attentiveness and first class service and making this a very special cruise!!!:cool:

Getting onboard was quick and easy and we went right to the shore excursion desk to book an excursion. After that, we went to the Irish Pub for lunch and avoided the mad rush to the buffet! After lunch we went to drop off our carry on and our cabin and balcony (9918) were amazing.;) I was so impressed, I videoed our cabin and posted it on

!!!

We proceeded to walk around the ship as it was the first time for my gf and we attended the muster drill. Right after the muster drill we went to our first M&G and met several people from our roll call. What a great group of people, though the group was much smaller then last year. Having coordinated many M&G's and other activities for my past cruises we had a busy agenda and enjoyed every minute of it!!:eek:

We had dinner reservations for the first night at Manhattan and it was great. After dinner we caught the dueling pianos and the blues club, both which were excellent, and ended the evening pretty early!

On Monday we had a quick breakfast at moderno and then got ready for our second M&G with the NCL staff. Attendance was good and even the captain attended. Following the meeting with the staff I conducted the gift exchange followed by a lively group pic and slot pull!!! We did pretty good and then went for the big win and left knowing we had met some great people and we all had a good time!!

Spend most of our free time at H2O and partied with the people we met on the roll call and just really relaxed and enjoyed ourselves! During the week we also saw the Circ show, ROA, and Second City and they were all very good! We also re-visited the piano and blues bar several times during the week!:)

We stayed onboard in Florida and enjoyed the quiet ship at H2O. Rented a clamshell at GSC and partied with our friends, and we went to Breezes in Nassau which was probably our favorite day! The weather all week was beautiful other then a brief shower Saturday morning. During the week we ate at Taste and Savor as well as our favorite the Noodle bar. For the last night we went to Cagneys which was good but not great.

Overall it was a great cruise though the changes made regarding show reservations and new charges for room service did change a few of our plans! Luckily we had second city booked ahead of time as it was sold out and wait listed the whole week! Almost forgot, did okay at roulette! 23

Heading back to the Breakaway in September with the UBP and returning to my favorite island of Bermuda. Can't wait!!!:cool:

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Thanks for the review! It's nice to see another positive review on the boards :). I see that Second City was sold out and you were able to reserve it ahead of time. Strangely, Second City is not (and has never been) available to pre-book for our May cruise on BA. Did you hear anything on board regarding Second City reservations?

Welcome home - nice YT videos - someone else was just asking about it & linked it up for ya.

Shanghai Noodles was free then ?? Was it busy b/c when we're on last month, it was idle most of them even on sea days and now that it's (or going to become)) free - I can imagine a line for those counters with stool seatings. Nothing like a hot bowl of soup, simple & comfort food, and some rice & starters along ...

Thanks !

Thanks for the review! It's nice to see another positive review on the boards :). I see that Second City was sold out and you were able to reserve it ahead of time. Strangely, Second City is not (and has never been) available to pre-book for our May cruise on BA. Did you hear anything on board regarding Second City reservations?
Glad ya liked the review and I didn't hear anything about SC and I just hope it's not already sold out as it was a good show!;)
Welcome home - nice YT videos - someone else was just asking about it & linked it up for ya.

Shanghai Noodles was free then ?? Was it busy b/c when we're on last month, it was idle most of them even on sea days and now that it's (or going to become)) free - I can imagine a line for those counters with stool seatings. Nothing like a hot bowl of soup, simple & comfort food, and some rice & starters along ...

Thanks !

We still had to pay but/and had little or no wait.:) I too hope if/when it becomes free the crowds are reasonable and the dishes are just as good as they have been!!!:D Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Was on the BA 3/22

It was a great cruise. The ship just gave me a sense of calm and peacefulness for some reason. A total opposite of my Gem cruise in January.

Even though the weather was bad on Monday and on Saturday it was a great cruise.

On saturday you couldn't go out on deck because the doors were locked because of high winds.

Wasn't really used to the large crowds but it did not put a damper on the cruise.

Thanks for the great, positive review! We will be on BA in July to Bermuda, also my favorite island!

How was breakfast at Moderno? What did they have?

The smaller buffet had mostly everything and there was an omelet station on the Cagney's side as well.:) Worked out well and was pretty quiet!!!;) Enjoy your cruise!

The smaller buffet had mostly everything and there was an omelet station on the Cagney's side as well.:) Worked out well and was pretty quiet!!!;) Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! Will definitely check this out when we don't go to the MDR. What were the hours for Moderno breakfast?

BZ6877 - Moderno was open for breakfast on sea days thru 11 AM, then it's closed for 30 to 60 minutes & re-open, if scheduled, for the lunch buffet. On port days with more ashore, my recollection is that they're closed - that's likely true especially for Dockyard @ Bermuda. Garden cafe closed down their full breakfast at 10:30 AM so late-nighters just waking up can go there or head to O'Sheehans.

As with everything NCL these days, disclaimers applied - hours & charges, etc. subject to change with & without notice, written or otherwise. Best to always check the F®eestyle Daily for the most current info - or iTV screen in the room or free iConcierege app.

Just wondering, I will be sailing with NCL for the first time in June on the Breakaway, is Rock of Ages always at 6:30 pm? I am setting up my réservations. Thanks!

Not sure as the schedule had changed for our sailing and you could not make reservations!! ;)

I have that same room booked for September with the buddy. Thank you for posting videos!!

You're gonna luv it! :)

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Are they doing away with the reservation system for Rock of Ages?

That seemed to be the case for the Breakaway, haven't heard anything otherwise since the surprise change in early/mid March. Another boatload full will be returned in this morning so should get an update, and, for those boarding tomorrow - they will get any notices upon embarkation as our written notice was on top of the desk/dresser table as soon as we walked in the stateroom.

If you are sailing soon, go for the later or 2nd. showing & later in the week as it wasn't too bad, just get there at least 25 to 30 minutes before showtime or else the better seats will be gone due to open seating.