Upsell - SS versus Verandah?

Sequim88

Never would have thought we would get an upsell offer since we book wheelchair accessible cabins but I just got an email. From our current Verandah we can do Signature Suite for $249pp or Neptune for $699. Neptune is out of the question but if there is an accessible SS we might like to check it out. The few extra amenities and more room might be worth it but is there anything else we need to know about Signature Suites that could sway us? I've never really considered one before.

Also, if an accessible one is not available would a regular SS have enough room to park or use the wheelchair in? My wife can walk some with a cane but is safer using the wheelchair - especially with ship motion. Are the doors wide enough for a small wheelchair?

Never mind I guess. They had an accessible one available so I jumped on it. It's as far forward as possible and looks fairly large on the deck plan and probably pretty quiet. It did bump our insurance $20pp but not a big deal on that.

We had a standard SS on Nieuw Amsterdam. My traveling companion rented a scooter. There was room on the side of the room closest to the windows for the scooter to be parked without any issues. That became "her side" of our stateroom. To use the scooter within the stateroom, no, not possible. A wheelchair, probably, but not into the bathroom. We surely had more room than in a standard verandah!

You made a great choice. You will love the SS cabin - so much more room and a larger balcony. The verandahs are not so great because they are smaller than the verandahs on the S and R class. I would take the SS any day.