Drink Cards

jalakim

LOL-- didn't mean toi stutter.. these boards should give you drink cards since lately they've been driving me to drink!! LOL

Sorry for the multiple posts :-)

I did find out why the drink cards were discontinued and why they no longer plan to bring them back. It seems that they weren't used by that many people, and a lot of those that used them did nothing but complain. Some people stated they had a hard time using them onboard, and numerous people had called or mailed their unused cards to RCI for partial refunds on the drinks they didn't drink-- it became a total nightmare to manage so they pulled this program...

LOL-- didn't mean toi stutter.. these boards should give you drink cards since lately they've been driving me to drink!! LOL

I did find out why the drink cards were discontinued and why they no longer plan to bring them back. It seems that they weren't used by that many people, and a lot of those that used them did nothing but complain. Some people stated they had a hard time using them onboard, and numerous people had called or mailed their unused cards to RCI for partial refunds on the drinks they didn't drink-- it became a total nightmare to manage so they pulled this program...

Interesting. Thanks for putting in the legwork on this issue. It seems to pop up every few months on the board.

It's a shame, because that would just make one fight with my wife for the whole cruise. It would go something like this:

"$300 for alcohol?!?! What a waste of money."

Instead, there's a fight every evening of "$50 for your bar tab ?!?!" :o

Not only that, it had to be a revenue loser for them as well. I mean, if you are a drinker you are going to drink anyway so why offer a deal. I had said before on these boards when they discontinued the cards that I would be surprised if they ever brought them back. Still would be.

I think it would be a revenue winner if people are not using all the drinks on the card as stated in a previous post. That is the theory in most prepaid items. You either do not use all that was paid for or you end up using more than if you would have paid individually.

If they want to raise their revenue from alcohol, they should do away with those Oasis mixers and go back to the old method (blenders and their own mix) of making frozen drinks. Where I used to have 2-3 drinks per day, I now have 2-3 per week! Anyone else miss the "old way"????:confused:

Archived