October evening temperatures on deck

Hi everyone,

I'll be on HOTS leaving this Saturday (Oct 14th) and I was wondering about the evening temps on deck. I sailed the Caribbean on Liberty last year in August but it's now two months later in the year and I was wondering whether the evenings can be cool/breezy enough to warrant long sleeves? I don't want to pack more than necessary but also don't want to be cold. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone familiar with October temperatures on the high seas would impart some wisdom!

Thanks so much

Suzanne

I'm just guessing and don't pretend to be a "weatherman", but given Hurricane Season runs through October, I would assume that the surface temperature of the Seas is quite Warm, 80's.

Just to be safe, pack a light sweater (how much room would 1 take), some people are more prone to a slight chill.

Check the Evening Temps for those Islands you'll be visiting, you'll have a good idea of the Air temperature that you'll likely encounter.

October -early November is my favorite time to sail because the weather is perfect. (I've been fortunate enough to avoid the hurricanes.)

- During the day you can wear shorts and the beaches are comfortable, but you won't be sweaty and exhausted from the heat.

- In the evenings you can wear a thin long sleeved shirt and be comfortable ... but you wouldn't shiver if you opt for short sleeves. A perfect lady's dinner outfit for this time frame: a sundress with a light sweater ... pants with a short sleeved shirt ... a thin long-sleeved dress.

- If you're edging towards the end of November, you might need that light sweater or light jacket if you're walking on deck after dark.

- Men don't absolutely roast in jackets at dinner.

- The only negative about this time of year: The weather can be a bit nippy on the first day out of Florida /last day as you return to Florida ... that is, before you reach far enough South to hit the really warm weather.

October -early November is my favorite time to sail because the weather is perfect. (I've been fortunate enough to avoid the hurricanes.)

- During the day you can wear shorts and the beaches are comfortable, but you won't be sweaty and exhausted from the heat.

- In the evenings you can wear a thin long sleeved shirt and be comfortable ... but you wouldn't shiver if you opt for short sleeves. A perfect lady's dinner outfit for this time frame: a sundress with a light sweater ... pants with a short sleeved shirt ... a thin long-sleeved dress.

- If you're edging towards the end of November, you might need that light sweater or light jacket if you're walking on deck after dark.

- Men don't absolutely roast in jackets at dinner.

- The only negative about this time of year: The weather can be a bit nippy on the first day out of Florida /last day as you return to Florida ... that is, before you reach far enough South to hit the really warm weather.

I live in Florida ALL YEAR ROUND, and I would NEVER describe the weather in Florida as 'nippy'. Maybe, just maybe an evening in January or February might be in the 50's or 40's and that some people would describe as 'nippy' but not me.

The biggest reason you might need a light sweater in the evenings is because out on deck the winds (let's be honest the ship is MOVING towards its' next destination) that are created by the ships movement can be for some people uncomfortable. Indoors even the nightclub could be too air conditioned for some people.

The temperatures in Oct/Nov and even Dec are warm.....whether departing from Florida or in the port stops in the Caribbean.

We sailed the Western Caribbean last year on Freedom in October. Rained 90% of the time. Very Very windy, I think we were on the back of H. Matthew. Still had short sleeves and light dresses with light cardigans on the inside part of the ship.