"New" Century Sunset Verandas

dmk

After Century's refurbishment it will have a new class of staterooms called Sunset Verandas. I have booked #1253.

On the Celebrity site,it shows a new deck plan for the Sports Deck, where these cabins will be. It looks like cabin 1242 might have a larger balcony.

Has anyone booked #1242 or have information regarding these new Sunset Verandas?

It will indeed be interesting to see exactly what changes are made! We also have a Sunset Veranda booked in 2007 and are excited to see that they will be aft facing cabins overlooking the new Sunset Bar on the deck below! :D I have a friend on Century right now and she will also be sailing in a Sunset Veranda in 2007, so I imagine she will have some more details to share when she gets home.

The Aquaspa area has been totally revamped. Looks like they have done away with the T-pool :( It's not on the new plans anywhere. I don't see the hair salon listed, though I know they MUST plan to have one! Time will tell. :p

CHAR:

Which number cabin did you book?

We booked 1246. We booked this cabin in July, wanting to try the new category,and it looks like it may be the best cabin! Right in the middle :D as yours is, too! Don't know what category the cabin on the left is -- #1249-- it doesn't say on the deck plan. One wonders if it is a family oceanview. Doesn't look like it has a balcony and it's a different color.

What do you think of #1242. It looks like it could be a family cabin but the colour is the same as the rest of the sv's. It looks like the balcony could be larger but that is only a diagram.

Yeah. What does two upper berths mean? Do we sleep on bunk beds?:D

That means that the cabin will sleep 4, with 2 upper berths that will probably drop down from the ceiling if needed. It will have the normal lowers that all the cabins have. :)

What do you think of #1242. It looks like it could be a family cabin but the colour is the same as the rest of the sv's. It looks like the balcony could be larger but that is only a diagram.

It looks to be the same size as the other SV's, but is turned sideways with the balcony wider but not as deep as the middle cabins.

Hi,

I'm booked in cabin 1246 for New Years 2006. (Char: We'll try to leave it intact :) ) I have heard some great things about these cabins. I am looking forward to see if the view is going to be as good as my colleague who sat in with Celebrity's planners has said it would be.

We have a large group on this sailing and it will be a great time and I am looking forward to see the rebirth of a beautiful ship. The changes sound like they will be mostly for the good and not for the worse. The only thing that does concern me is that the Thalassotherapy does seem to have disappeared from the deck plans. I do hope they have not eliminated it or changed it. The T-Pool on the Century class ships is much better than on the M-Class ships. IMO.

I will be interested to see how large the balcony on the SV cabin is and what the view is like. I think it will one of the better cabins on the ship.

Take care,

Mike

First, I was thrilled to see they were adding verandas to the Century...we enjoyed our first cruise on her in 2001 and now many cruises and balconies later we can't wait to return to Century with a balcony stateroom. When I went to the Celebrity web page they indicated Century would be in Europe and then 4 and 5 day cruises in the Caribbean...has anyone heard of 7 - 9 day cruises available on the Century. Now that she is refurbished I will want to stay on her for longer than 4 or 5 days. Anyone heard anything? Thank you!

When I went to the Celebrity web page they indicated Century would be in Europe and then 4 and 5 day cruises in the Caribbean...has anyone heard of 7 - 9 day cruises available on the Century. Now that she is refurbished I will want to stay on her for longer than 4 or 5 days. Anyone heard anything? Thank you!

I'm afraid those are the posted itineraries for Century! We have booked back to back for a total of 9 nights. One port is duplicated, but we don't care about that anyway! The ship is our destination :D

Hi,

I'm booked in cabin 1246 for New Years 2006. (Char: We'll try to leave it intact :) )

I will be interested to see how large the balcony on the SV cabin is and what the view is like. I think it will one of the better cabins on the ship.

Take care,

Mike

Hey Mike :D

We will all be waiting for those first hand reports about the SV cabins, especially "our" cabin :p We just lucked out on our choice so many months ago--not knowing anything about the new cabins, but wanting to have one!! The view will not be directly into the ocean, since the deck is recessed back from the lower decks. It will be wonderful, though! My query is why are those cabins quads? And an apparent family cabin added to the mix? And the 2 end cabins are adjoining to make for more family space? Unusual for a suite deck, I think. Perhaps there will be refinements to the plan before it is finished.

• 2 months later...

I saw the deck plans and the prices on one sailing. I wonder if like FV they will cost more than a regular veranda but not be considered a suite with the extra perks and credits for a suite.

They can't have eliminated the T pool! (I'm emphatically willing it not to be so). That was the very best thing on Century!

Archived