Examining the Bars on the Brilliance of the Seas

wrp96

...who doesn't even know the difference between 'waist' and 'waste' and you just post to your heart's content! I know that several of us, see other threads, will be hanging on every word! I don't even drink- alcohol that is- and I will still check in and read your posts every day!

And to anyone who doesn't want to read the posts- here's a hint- DON"T click on the thread!!!:eek:

Good Luck on your tests, and Happy Sailing!

Lisa

Thanks!

Well, I've survived the bar exam, and have examined some of the local bars. I leave for the airport in 6 hours to start examining the bars on Brilliance:D! Will check in tomorrow or sometime after that depending on how the examination goes.

Made it to the ship in one piece, no thanks to the baggage workers at Miami International Airport (1-1/2 hours before our bags started showing up from our flight).

First impressions of the ship:

Check in took 2 minutes, max! Could use platinum check in and had my SetSail pass.

Wow! What a beautiful ship. I've seen the descriptions but never truly understood how beautiful it is. Even on my low deck 3 cabin, views of the ocean are only a few steps away. From the internet cafe, I'm sitting here watching the horses run past the ship.

Due to delays at the airport, I had to make the choice between drink or heading to the spa to make appointments. I chose the spa and was able to get my first facial and massage of the trip this evening. Thank God! I can now actually move my neck and the stress of the bar exam is starting to be erased from my face. I will be visiting again later in the week to confirm that the spa is as wonderful as I think. Oh by the way, I gave into the sale. I did my last cruise and my skin has improved, so I decided to get even more. Believe me, when you've tried every other product out their it's worth a shot - and for me since I started using the products my last cruise, other than the stressed out skin of the last couple of weeks, my skin hasn't ever looked better. I'm actually starting to get the skin of an adult! No teenage acne!:D

I did get my first drink at the Champagne Bar in the Centrum before dinner. Lovely bar. Very busy this first evening! Nice music playing. Very cute bartenders:D one is from Turkey. Cost: kir royal $9.51 including gratuities. Compared to home this is actually inexpensive. After staying at a hotel the rest of the week, I don't think I will ever complain about prices on the ship again. I discovered Arkansas has a state liquor tax of 31.5%. Heck, based on tax alone it's cheaper for me to drink on the ship! I guess I better get it all in now;) .

Age demographic: at one point, I wondered if I qualified for Adventure Ocean on this cruise, but I have met a lot of very young at heart people already (even if slightly older than me). My mustard drill I think the next youngest person was easily twice my age.

And speaking of the mustard drill, where were the hot dog and pretzel carts? I was very hungry by that time since I skipped food to go make spa appointments and was hoping to see them, but alas they weren't there. It was a tragedy!:eek:

I have a wonderful stateroom attendant, Ricardo. He put my bags into my room for me, had my flowers (thank you to my mother and aunt) already waiting for me, and greeted me by handing my my robe.

Very friendly ship. From the guest relations desk where I set up my cyber cabin and got a new compass, to the bar to the dining room. Every crew member I meet has a smile and a good day.

Ah! The dining room. I guess my reputation proceeds me because I scared off all of my tablemates on the first night (table for 4 with only me). But I can't help but making friends, so got to talking to the table next to me who happened to be from Arkansas, and the couple by themselves at the table for 10 across the way. I think tomorrow night they are going to combine my table with the table next to me, and the couple across the way is going to join us. Still wonderful service! Even better food than Rhapsody (and that was wonderful)! Although they missed the memo that I was supposed to be assigned a cute, young, unattached MALE waiter. Oh, well!

I have seen a few people who don't Get It! Where's the cannon when you need it? My favorite - as I was leaving for the mustard drill, a couple was complaining because they had been on the ship 3 hours and didn't have their bags yet. They wanted Stewart to search the ship for the bags. I said I didn't have my bags yet, but I'd only been on the ship an hour and they claimed that was proof that something was wrong with their bags. As they walked away, Stewart and I talked. I think I will be getting even better service from him the rest of the cruise (if that is even possible after this first day).

Gotta go now! I hear a trivia game calling my name!

Congratulations on making it through the exam! Double congrats on making it on board. Have a great time...no one your age?...no problem, the officers should be falling all over you...remember, the more stripes the better - they get a bigger bar allowance! I have to go pack now, the Radiance is calling my name. We fly to Miami tomorrow. :D I'll look for your review when I get back.

Made it to the ship in one piece, no thanks to the baggage workers at Miami International Airport (1-1/2 hours before our bags started showing up from our flight).

Did you really have to just sit/stand around for an hour and a half waiting for your bags?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Did you really have to just sit/stand around for an hour and a half waiting for your bags?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Yes, not only that they also switched us to a different carousel when a flight that came in an hour after hours started getting their bags.:eek: Believe me when I tell you, I will be pushing even more for people to go in a day early after this.

I am POD at the moment. Made it to the Colony Club for "Where in the World Am I Trivia." Normally, I am good at geography and I did OK, but it's hard to remember stuff like that after 2 glasses of champagne, and a couple of glasses of wine. Bartender was nice, band was decent (good voice, some people dancing, beautiful view of the wake).

Went to Schooner Bar where I found my spot for the week (i.e. heavy pourers, friendly bartenders). Great piano player, lots of interaction, talked to a lot of people. And as to small worlds, got to talking to a guy closed to my age who is on a trip with his family as a celebration of his sister, get this, taking the bar exam. He happens to be a farmer (little known fact - I am also a farmer). Also, talked to an older gentleman, Brian, from Ontario. Nice and smart fellow. Obviously loves his wife. This trip is probably their last one together as she wasn't supposed to last this long. I can't wait to meet his wife, who from his description sounds lovely.

Still have other bars to examine so must go to sleep to have energy. Tomorrow is first formal night. We've had great weather low 80s, sunny and absolutely smooth seas (smoothest I've ever had).

Archived