Host Andy (&/or others) - Cruise Critic Connections & Azamara

Trash Queen

When we were booked on the Celebrity Journey, most of the 40 people on our Roll Call thread signed up for the Celebrity Connections party. (Ship departs 10/27)

Shortly after the Journey was switched over to the Azamara division, we checked, and we were still all signed up for the party.

Currently, at the top of the Azamara Roll Call thread there is still a link to either register or find a Celebrity Connections party.

However, when we go there through the link, neither the Journey nor the Quest is listed. Have they discontinued the parties for Azamara?

Charlotte

We just returned from Journey and we had such a gathering last week on the day after we sailed. It was in the morning at the Library/Michael's Club. Check with Guest Relations when you board. The cruise director sends out the invites...we missed ours because our cabin number changed...

Perhaps I didn't make the question clear. It appears that people can no longer register for the Celebrity Connections party. If the ship isn't on the list, you can neither register nor check to see how many are registered.

What are we doing wrong, or have they changed it and won't be doing that in the future?

Charlotte

Andy -

Charlotte has someone named Walt looking into this, but I thought you might have, if you'll pardon the pun, more 'connections'.

It appears that our Cruise Critic Connections registries have disappeared - the Azamara ships are no longer listed in the Celebrity (party) Registration area. Nor is there any option on the Azamara site to register for the party. Can you confirm whether or not Azamara/Celebrity has decided we aren't going to have this benefit/service?

Thanks!

nlvc12

Andy -

Charlotte has someone named Walt looking into this, but I thought you might have, if you'll pardon the pun, more 'connections'.

It appears that our Cruise Critic Connections registries have disappeared - the Azamara ships are no longer listed in the Celebrity (party) Registration area. Nor is there any option on the Azamara site to register for the party. Can you confirm whether or not Azamara/Celebrity has decided we aren't going to have this benefit/service?

Thanks!

nlvc12

Hi Nlvc !

I am aware that the ships are not listed there, and I have emailed our boss about it. When I have more details, I will let you know. Thanks.

Thanks Andy. It was very strange that one day I registered and got an email confirmation. The next day the Journey was missing from the list of ships and my friends could not register.

sue

Has anyone called the Captain's Club number? Just curious since we heard nothing about changing the process when onboard Journey. Sorry for the double post... :(

One aspect that might inspire confidence in Carolyn's hunch - have those of you that have taken your cruises already attended Connections parties on the Journey?

nlvc12

OK, I've got it. Azamara Line management made a decision to not host the parties. However, I don't understand why the link is still at the top of the header for all the threads in the Roll Call section of Azamara Lines. It was removed from the header of the general Azamara Board, but not from the Roll Call Board.

Charlotte

OK, I've got it. Azamara Line management made a decision to not host the parties. However, I don't understand why the link is still at the top of the header for all the threads in the Roll Call section of Azamara Lines. It was removed from the header of the general Azamara Board, but not from the Roll Call Board.

Charlotte

Charlotte:

Are you speaking from fact or speculation? If you are speculating, I am not sure it is appropriate to state that Azamara management has made a decision.

• 1 month later...

That was the reply that I received from Laura Sterling at Cruise Critic on the same day that I posted. She said that CC had discussed it with Azamara management, but that the Azamara management had decided to not host the parties. She also suggested that, if we as CC posters are not happy, we it would be better to contact Azamara Customer Relations than to contact Cruise Critic about it.

Excuse the long delay in responding, but we were on a cruise and land trip; my information might be out of date now, but I wanted to be sure that you understood I was not speculating, I got it straight from Cruise Critic in a message to my home e-mail.

Charlotte

A question for people who have already cruised the Journey. If we want to set up our own meet and mingle, what area would be best to do it in on Sunday morning between 11:00 and 12:00? Would not want to conflict our get together with a planned ship activity!

A question for people who have already cruised the Journey. If we want to set up our own meet and mingle, what area would be best to do it in on Sunday morning between 11:00 and 12:00? Would not want to conflict our get together with a planned ship activity!

I havent been on the Journey yet..but having been on Oceania for 15 cruises, I would say Looking Glass Lounge is the place to meet..

Jan

Where is the Looking Glass Lounge located on the ship?

How would The Martini Bar be for out meet??

Thanks

Lew

The MArtini Bar is small. The looking Glass lounge is a great place with great views and pleasant bar staff. It is on 10 fwd. (it is also a nice quiet place to relax and read for most of the day)

Jancruz1 thanks for the suggestion. I see on your thread that you practice what you preach and have suggested that your cruise group meet in the Looking Glass Lounge port side on Sunday morning at 11:00 AM. Ooops didn't mean to let out any secrets. You wouldn't want any party crashers.

Do you plan on seeing if any of the ship's staff will attend?

Our group is thinking of meeting at the Cova Cafe on Sunday morning at 11 am so we can get coffee and have a snack while we chat. Is there a reason why anyone thinks we should change our meeting place to the Looking Glass Lounge. I don't believe any of us have been on this class of ship before so we are open to suggestions. Thanks,

Vicki

Our group is thinking of meeting at the Cova Cafe on Sunday morning at 11 am so we can get coffee and have a snack while we chat. Is there a reason why anyone thinks we should change our meeting place to the Looking Glass Lounge. I don't believe any of us have been on this class of ship before so we are open to suggestions. Thanks,

Vicki

The only problem is with numbers, Vicki. The Cova is nice, but not too large, whereas, in the Looking Glass Lounge, you can easily spread out and be comfortable.

Fran,

Thank you for the information. As of now I have a feeling we will have a small turn out (less than 15) so the Cova may work out. I think as we get closer to our sail date we will have to figure out how many might like to come and then decide if the Looking Glass would work out better than Cova. I am sure we are open to either venue. We are so excited to sail on this ship. Everything looks so beautiful and all the reports just keep getting better and better.

Vicki

Archived