Long wear lipstick/lipgloss

ShedQueen77

Has anyone had any luck finding a good one? I have a pile of them ready for the trash and I don't want to spend any more money! :) The ones I've tried either last for only an hour or so or they flake off and dry my lips out really bad. The only thing more embarrassing than lipstick on your teeth is lipstick flakes on them!

Any suggestions?

Oh my goodness I guess that would help! :o Thank you for pointing that out.

I've tried Loreal Endless lipstick, Cover Girl Outlast lipgloss, Revlon Colorstay lipgloss, some crap from Victoria's Secret (should have known that their specialty was panties, not lipstick! ;)), and last but not least, Clinique Long Last Soft Shine. Clinique was probably the best of the ones I've tried dryness/flaking wise but it didn't last through a meal. :(

Oh my goodness I guess that would help! :o Thank you for pointing that out.

I've tried Loreal Endless lipstick, Cover Girl Outlast lipgloss, Revlon Colorstay lipgloss, some crap from Victoria's Secret (should have known that their specialty was panties, not lipstick! ;)), and last but not least, Clinique Long Last Soft Shine. Clinique was probably the best of the ones I've tried dryness/flaking wise but it didn't last through a meal. :(

Chanel makes a really good long lasting lip color/gloss. Forget the name and I'm not getting up to look but ask the girl at the counter and she'll know which one.

BTW Victoria's Secret isn't really known for having the best panties either.

Looked at the bottom of my Chanel lipstick and gloss. The lipstick says "Rouge Hydrabase" and "Rouge A Levres Creme Lipstick". I apply this first and then top with Chanel "Glossimer" (lip gloss), or sometimes just the gloss alone. Really like it. It seems to last well and is not drying.

You may want to try one of the many lip conditioners out there (I personally like Chapstick, cheap and it works) to keep your lips from drying out.

I am also an avid user of the Cover outlast lipstick/gloss combo - I do condition my lips every night as well - and if it does get too dry - just add some more of the 'gloss' stick over it - I find I sometimes have to take it off at night with one of my makeup wipes!

Froufie

I swear by this stuff - although I cannot understand why you had a problem with it staying on your lips (did you kiss it off maybe :p). I put it on in the morning on my way to work (yeah-while driving:eek:....just kidding!!) and I may touch it up after lunch or on my way home (only if I'm going someplace other than home) and just reapply the gloss part of it periodically throughout the day. There are 2 kinds - just plain 'Outlast' and 'Outlast Smoothwear'. Both have worked for me. At worst, it may wear off to the point of looking like I only have lipliner on. But I have to say - 95% of the time it stays on all day long until I wash it off.

I guess some items work differently on different people. Perfume is a perfect example of that for me. I would love the smell of a certain perfume on someone:), but either it smells completely different on me....OR it doesn't smell at all after about an hour:(. Usually it's the latter....needless to say, I do not waste a lot of money on perfume anymore.

Good Luck in your search for the perfect lipstick....took me many, many years - but I hope they never stop making outlast!!:)

I have a couple of lipstick sealers that you put over any brand of lipstick. It lasts forever and isn't as drying as the other kinds of lipsticks that are made to "last".

The one I like the best is from Laura Geller. The first time I used a sealer, I didn't realized that it stings! I thought I had bought a bad batch:o . I like these sealers as I can use it over my favorite color of lipstick.

Lipstick sealer stings? Wow, I've never heard of that before!

Maybe I'm applying the Cover Girl wrong somehow or I got a bad tube or something. :) I did only try the gloss, but maybe I can find a lighter shade of the lipstick to try. Mine isn't the 'Smoothwear' one, just the regular Outlast. There might be a difference!

Let's see, Chanel, Avon, and MAC. I'm back to the drawing board again. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

PS-I have the same issue with perfume too! ;)

I hate wearing lipstick but I have to tell you that I have been using this for about a month now and I absolutely love it. The wand is sponge like so you don't put a lot on, it goes on like gloss, then you wait till it drys and then apply the shiny gloss. It stays on and it doesn't dry out. All I have had to do is reapply the gloss. They say that it lasts for 10 hrs. I have used it at work and it definately last for 8.5 hrs. You can look up the product via this link. http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control/product/~category_id=5008/~product_id=2803

I use the regular Outlast and it does last all day, throught eating & drinking (& kissing!). I make sure there's nothing on my lips like foundation before I put it on. I don't need a touch-up unless I eat greasy food like pizza. I take it off at night with baby oil and then use Chapstick. If my lips do get dry, I'll use a lip moisturizer (Avon?).

The Outlast Smoothwear didn't seem to last as long for me. I've also tried Revlon and that lasted even less.

I've tried ..... Revlon Colorstay lipgloss

I was going to suggest this one as I use it daily and love it.

Sometimes I find that I'm still wearing some of it the following day!

Some long lasting lipsticks i've tried go clumpy and flakey if I don't use their specific top gloss, but I find I can put any old gloss over the top of the Revlon one when it wears off and it stays on :)

Sorry it didn't work for you. Hope you find one that works :)

Personally, I like lip stains better because they dont dry out at all & you can use whatever gloss/balm you want over them-even plumpers!

Here's a couple of brands...

Revlon Just Bitten

The Balm Stainiac

Benefit Benetint

Vincent Longo Lip & Cheek gel stain (this one is great)

I just bought L'Oreal Infallible and then I went back and bought another...and another! Great colors, great coverage and with the top coat, my lips don't look or feel dry. The color lasts all day. The best part is I got 3 colors for different looks and time of day for about the same as I paid for a Trish McEvoy lip gloss that needed constant reapplying.

Must be different for each person. I've tried that stuff and it definitely disappears after eating a meal.

I guess so. I've turned about 10 people onto it after they've asked me after dinner how I kept my lipstick on. Also, a couple of dental assistants couldn't beleive it didn't wipe off with a tissue. A few people reported back to me that it dried their lips, but no one said it didn't last. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Archived