Internet costs

mum and son

Hi all,

Just wondering :confused: ... can you connect to the internet wirelessly via your laptop onboard, or do you have to use the internet cafe? Is the cost the same as the cafe per minute for a wireless connection?

Thanks wise folk...

I think you can purchase an internet card or something so you can use your own laptop for the internet. I remember on the star that the whole ship wasnt covered so you still had to be in some of the public rooms to use it. A lot of people had their laptops and were on the net in the casablanca lounge on both of my cruises

I saw in the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago that cruise, 5 April, was waitlist only for alot of the cabin categories, last weeks paper it wasn't even listed, so I think it might be pretty popular. We got cheap fares when we booked a few months ago but they disappeared very quickly!

Hi all,

Just wondering :confused: ... can you connect to the internet wirelessly via your laptop onboard, or do you have to use the internet cafe? Is the cost the same as the cafe per minute for a wireless connection?

Thanks wise folk...

Dead weight on a cruise,Who wants to play with their laptop when there are so many other things to play with:confused: It is a holiday you know:D

Den.

Dead weight on a cruise,Who wants to play with their laptop when there are so many other things to play with:confused: It is a holiday you know:D

Den.

It was useful for me. I just dumped all the photos onto it when my memory cards filled up. Did the same with my friends cameras too.

Hi all,

Thanks wise folk...

The Dawn has wireless internet and it costs 50c/min instead of 75c/min if you use one of their PC's

Excellent - thanks for the replies about the internet. I'm spending a week in Sydney before the cruise and tkaing my son to Blue Mountains and Jenolan Caves etc and will have my laptop with me anyway. I can log in to my work computer for remote access so might try and do a fews hours work pre-cruise to help pay for the trip...especially considering I'm taking 2 weeks off straight after my Xmas/NY Year break and I've already been on 2 cruises this year... need to keep some cash rolling in to support my lifestyle ;).

And about the 5th April cruise, I just have a feeling about it. It'll become available again just after the date for final payments passes... I travel on an industry type discount (no, I'm not a travel agent) so I book these things last minute and when the price is right. I've been surprised that for 2007 and 2008 I'm getting deals on Xmas school holidays cruises. I just try not to get my hopes up and when the deal pops up I've already got the forms filled out and payment ready to go. :)

Den.

The only reason our laptop is going on our cruise is purely to download our photos. I have told DH this, but it will be interesting to see how long it takes before he logs on to the internet. In the time we have been together, this is our first "real" holiday and I have told him he will NOT be logging in to work. Time will tell. ;)

The only reason our laptop is going on our cruise is purely to download our photos. I have told DH this, but it will be interesting to see how long it takes before he logs on to the internet. In the time we have been together, this is our first "real" holiday and I have told him he will NOT be logging in to work. Time will tell. ;)

I think the PD has self serve photo machines so you can put all your pics on disc anytime,much easier than carrying a laptop with you.

Den.

Won't be doing any work on mine either, I can assure of that.

We will be using to back up photos and HD video. Every hour of the video takes up nearly 4gb, and their ain't no self service disks to take care of that :)

Will be using the net very little onboard, 5 mins a day to upload the days events to our blog. Might say hello here once or twice too.

Cheers

Geoff

Won't be doing any work on mine either, I can assure of that.

We will be using to back up photos and HD video. Every hour of the video takes up nearly 4gb, and their ain't no self service disks to take care of that :)

Will be using the net very little onboard, 5 mins a day to upload the days events to our blog. Might say hello here once or twice too.

Cheers

Geoff

Just keep jumping in front of the cruise camo's every day and buy the dvd at the end,worked for me:D

Just keep jumping in front of the cruise camo's every day and buy the dvd at the end,worked for me:D

LOL Den, I Have high def TV and video camera. Can't think of a better time to shoot some crystal clear momentos, and I will save $40 on the dvd. :cool: Mind you, I don't have to worry as much about what we are taking, as travel to and from Sydney will be a breeze. If I were flying from Perth I would be travelling very light

Cheers

Geoff

I have a great idea! Why dont all flyin cruisers make up a list of "Must have but cant carry items" Then Sydney side cruisers can make up the packs and deliver them to portside for all the poor flyin's! What do you think?

I can start my list now

1, Laptop

2, Snokeling gear x2

3, Blow up pool lounges (with foot pump)

4,shoes for Tracey (just in case 22 pairs are the wrong colour)

:rolleyes: :D

Den.

I have a great idea! Why dont all flyin cruisers make up a list of "Must have but cant carry items" Then Sydney side cruisers can make up the packs and deliver them to portside for all the poor flyin's! What do you think?

I can start my list now

1, Laptop

2, Snokeling gear x2

3, Blow up pool lounges (with foot pump)

4,shoes for Tracey (just in case 22 pairs are the wrong colour)

:rolleyes: :D

Den.

5, Walkie Talkies

6, Picnic chairs

7, Alcohol in shampoo bottles

8, 2 x tuxedos for formal nights for him

9, 2 x formal gowns for formal nights for her

10, coathangers

11, Coffee machine or kettle

12, Crockpot

As long as you sandgropers can do the same for us when we get to cruise from Fremantle.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi guys, you must have on any list.

The duct tape. I never thought I would need it ......but I did.

regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Lorraine,

Did you find an everyday need or a new obscure use for duck tape?

The westerners will have to bring their own though - I am not lending mine out!

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Lorraine,

Did you find an everyday need or a new obscure use for duck tape?

The westerners will have to bring their own though - I am not lending mine out!

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff, it was just for normal use.....pity . LOL

fixed a suitcase..

regards, Lorraine:) :)

Archived