LAX to San Pedro

jonj

Can anyone suggest any car service companies from LAX to the San Pedro pier?

Would any of them make a stop at a liquor store?

Do the grocery stores in this area sell wine?

Can you purchase liquor / wine at the airport when you arriving at that airport? I know that there are stores available when you are taking a flight out but wasn't sure if you can access them when arriving at an airport

We are going on a 15nt cruise and even though we aren't big drinkers we would like to have a couple of bottles of wine to bring on with us to offset some of the onboard costs. I don't want to put them in our luggage from the east coast to LAX flight

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, comments

Hi there,

It's an interesting question you have, I guess we may need more information to help you.

How will you be arriving at your hotel and how long before your cruise? Where will you be staying? I'm just not able to give a response with the information you have supplied so far.

bye the way.

Have fun,

Winnie

I would imagine if you hire a taxi, you can get them to stop and wait (with the meter running) at any liquor store, grocery store, or even drug store (they all sell wine). Liquor stores would probably be quicker.

Shuttles may be tougher unless you get a private one.

We are arriving into LAX from NYC on the day of the cruise. We aren't staying at any hotel but instead have a very early flight arriving into LAX at 10:50am local time

We would prefer to get a car service to meet us at the baggage claim or is it just as easy to get out and have a taxi take us to the San Pedro pier

I would imagine if you hire a taxi' date=' you can get them to stop and wait (with the meter running) at any liquor store, grocery store, or even drug store (they all sell wine). Liquor stores would probably be quicker.

Shuttles may be tougher unless you get a private one.[/quote']

Any particular liquor store that we can ask them to stop at or are there enough near the ship terminal area that it doesn't matter

There is no store from the AP to the Highway and off the Highway to the ship. Not sure, whether or not there is a store within the Terminal.

Depending on what you want to buy, best selection is at Trader Joe's. Stores Rosecrance between PCH or corner Aviation Blvd/Manhattan Blvd. Both relatively close to the Highway Entrance. Are you a Costco or Sam's Club member? Costco is also at Rosecrance.

There is no store from the AP to the Highway and off the Highway to the ship. Not sure, whether or not there is a store within the Terminal.

Depending on what you want to buy, best selection is at Trader Joe's. Stores Rosecrance between PCH or corner Aviation Blvd/Manhattan Blvd. Both relatively close to the Highway Entrance. Are you a Costco or Sam's Club member? Costco is also at Rosecrance.

Yes, I am a member of Costco - does the location sell wine?

Not all the locations near us do

Here is a list of places to buy liquor in San Pedro area. You cannot get a shuttle to stop, but of course you can get a cab to do that but it will add to your fare. You could also check in and either walk or take a cab over to one of these places before you actually depart on your cruise.

The only place to purchase liquor at LAX is in the duty free stores. They are only in the international terminal, and only available for international departing flight passengers.

From a previous post:

There are quite a few liquor stores in the area around the ship, although they are a bit of a hike. If you are already at the port, you can take a cab to any of these:

Gaffey Liquor and Deli

1625 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 833-8211

Scheffler Liquor

230 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 831-8722

Vista Liquors

625 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 833-0628

Coolwater Fine Wine & Spirits

1110 N Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 514-3520

Cabrillo Wine & Beer

1317 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 547-4447

Gaffey Liquor and Deli

1625 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA

(310) 833-8211

Stanley's Liquor & Jr MKT.

1803 S Pacific Ave, San Pedro, CA

(310) 833-8381

I would also suggest stopping at a Trader Joe's for wine (limited liquor). There is one about two miles from the port at 8901 South Western Avenue. Also in CA you can purchase wine and liquor at grocery stores and many drug stores. Vons (grocery store) usually has a pretty good wine selection. Cost Plus World Market would also be a good option for wine.

A car service that we use is execucar and they are a subsidiary of supershuttle. Go to http://www.supershuttle.com and you can get their contact information from there.

They could also take you to a store to buy what you need but might charge you more. Find a place that is on the way that you can get in and out of fast. Yes, grocery stores sell wine.

I am not sure where you are traveling from but I never recommend travling by air the day of the cruise. You risk missing the ship should your flight be significantly delayed or canceled. So, consider coming in a day before and one of the things you can do is purchase whatever items you need then.

Keith

Yes, I am a member of Costco - does the location sell wine?

Not all the locations near us do

Yes, they do. Exit the Highway 405 at Rosecrance West, cross Rosecrance towards the entrance Highway 405 North, they on the right hand side opposite the entrance. Problem is, they are quite crowded on Su, may be you are better off to shop at another store considering the waiting time for a cab.

Anyone have the current Taxi rate from LAX to the dock? Seems the towncar from Supershuttle we used last time has gone up in price an no longer includes gratuity. (was $70 now asking $79 + 18% tip), just curious what a Taxi is running these days.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Anyone have the current Taxi rate from LAX to the dock? Seems the towncar from Supershuttle we used last time has gone up in price an no longer includes gratuity. (was $70 now asking $79 + 18% tip), just curious what a Taxi is running these days.

BonVoyage

Dawna

After reading another post I realized we used Primetime's sedan service last time which does inclued tip at a better rate. Thanks anyway, booking a sedan with them again. :)

Archived