Diamond Princess Drydock Postponed

CruisinChris

FYI, Cruise News Daily is reporting that Princess has announced that the drydock scheduled for this fall to repair the famous bent propeller on the Diamond has been postponed until December of 2005. Hard to tell whether this is good or bad news, long term, but there you go!:confused:

(it seems to me personally, that Princess isn't maintaining the hardware like they used to).

FYI, Cruise News Daily is reporting that Princess has announced that the drydock scheduled for this fall to repair the famous bent propeller on the Diamond has been postponed until December of 2005. Hard to tell whether this is good or bad news, long term, but there you go!
I think that we also need to analyze the rest of that article. It also indicated that divers are examining the affected propeller each week when Diamond Princess is in Seattle and have been scraping it down when necessary. The article also says that the only negative affects have been in propeller efficiency…there’s not been any major operational issues and it certainly didn’t seem like they’d be noticed by the passengers.

As for not maintaining the hardware, I don’t think that’s the case. Regal Princess is in terrific shape for a ship that’s 13 years old. I think the reality of the situation is that they need to be very careful when they take a ship out of service in order to keep the bottom line affected as little as possible.

It seems to be a Catch-22 for Princess. People want it fixed but they don't want their specific cruise cancelled.

I read the Cruise News Daily article and it appears that it doesn't need to be fixed - just monitored.

Archived