formal wear

They will be fine. Some people do get really dressed up. I like to, but I have full length dresses from weddings. My husband just wears a dark suit and tie (for 5 mins).

thanks heaps.. just worrying about having to incure extra costs by buying clothes for the cruise. Formal dresses can be quite expencive.

is there a certain length that a dress should be for formal nights or does everything go ?

Spakman, rest easy, only the tie comes off asap.

Mount Franklin, any length is fine. I have a couple of cocktail dresses that I wear, one is above the knees and another calf lengh. I only have the long dresses because I have been a bridesmaid and my cousin gave me her bridesmaid dress. Another suggestion is if you have time look on Ebay or the op shops.

There is no length specified for cocktail dresses, I have seen mini skirt length dresses right through to full length ball gowns. Formal attire can also be dictated by the area in which you are cruising and the cruise line. In general, European cruises would be more formal, other areas more relaxed. I saw someone turned away from the dining room on Princess because he was not wearing a jacket but on NCL for instance, formal nights are optional and anything goes (within reason). Have a great cruise.

I suspect that Formal on P&O is a little less fussy than on Princess. Personally I don't mind getting the gear on occassionally so to speak. On formal nights Shirley ALWAYS wears a full length dress and knocks them dead! We go to a few formal nights each year because of my work so she has quite a collection. I take the penguin suit - it doesn't really take up too much room - its all part of the deal as far as I am concerned and I really appreciate the effort others make.

BTW...when its not formal I am a real dag !

cheers

:D You could always wear something like this ...!!!!! or maybe save it for "theme" night!!:eek:

31905.jpg?is=350,350,0xffffff

31906.jpg?is=350,350,0xffffff

31907.jpg?is=350,350,0xffffff

This company is now shipping costumes to Australia.

See http://www.buycostumes.com/Category/0/Product/31907/ProductDetail.aspx for details.

And be stopped every 5 minutes by passengers complaining their food's too cold or their water's not cold enough because the think you're crew?? I don't think so.

And be stopped every 5 minutes by passengers complaining their food's too cold or their water's not cold enough because the think you're crew?? I don't think so.

You could get a ship security one, and make passengers nervous by following them around! :p

:rolleyes: Hmmm..Wonder if any CC'ers would be game enough to wear this security "uniform"?

21124.jpg?is=350,350,0xffffff

if the security guards onboard all looked like this...every bloke on board would suddenly be very very naughty and in need of punishment ;)

:rolleyes: Hmmm..Wonder if any CC'ers would be game enough to wear this security "uniform"?

Wow! I've been studying this photo for a good ten minutes and just realised she is wearing a cap :D

Well, if I was to wear that uniform P&O would save on security coz they wouldn't need anyone else.. Everybody would jump overboard:eek:

Archived