The Mongolian Grill

Wennfred

The Mongolian Grill is the place to eat. The food is great, I didn't get

the Spicy stuff, the choices of Sauce are Black Bean which is what I had, Thai Barbecue and Szechwan, Szechwan being the spiciest.

There is a sign that says Cooked to your Choice of Fresh Greens, Assorted Meats like Beef, Chicken and Calamari and Exotic sauces.

The line there varies but it was short because the first thing you see is a whole section of veggies, including Corn, Bean sprouts, lettuce, spinach, 2 types of thin noodles, tomato's, peas, Mushrooms, string beans. You put these in a bowl and hand them to the chef, they you tell them what meat you want. He cooks the meat in a wok, with your sauce and chicken broth and then once the meat is cooked he adds your veggies to create a masterpiece stir fry. The Best! Onboard Freedom they had it open during the Lunch hours only.

2985340910103168941S600x600Q85.jpg

2443401960103168941S600x600Q85.jpg

2458604520103168941S600x600Q85.jpg

2636739600103168941S600x600Q85.jpg

2042823380103168941S600x600Q85.jpg

I thought that, by definition, Mongolian BBQ was cooked on a flat griddle. If it's cooked in a wok, isn't it simply stir fry?

Yes, you are correct but remember, you are onboard a ship that moves up/down/side to side and all of the goodies will fall off :D Its much safer on the Wok onboard these ships.

Fred

The Mongolian BBQ certainly is an eye watering experience. I love it, but all that spicy sauce keeps the cooks crying. Customers too! Eat there early in the cruise. After a couple of days it is over crowded and overworked. Just like the deli.

Dan

Just wanted to add there is 2 lines that join in the middle where the woks are located... make sure you check and see which line is shorter.

The begining of the lines look like a salad bar so most people will see that and walk away, but after a few days, the lines can be up to 30 minutes long. I waited one day and left after 15 minutes.

I know Legend doesnt have it. Any word if Splendor will?

Im sure that the Splendor will have it, will let you know on the 29th of March 09.

Fred

I loved this on Carnival. I could've had it for lunch and dinner every day. I missed it so much when we left the ship! Is there one on Imagination?

Yep, they have it on the Imagination. It was sooooo good...I wish I could have that for dinner tonight...:(

Just wanted to add there is 2 lines that join in the middle where the woks are located... make sure you check and see which line is shorter.

The begining of the lines look like a salad bar so most people will see that and walk away, but after a few days, the lines can be up to 30 minutes long. I waited one day and left after 15 minutes.

Im sure that the Splendor will have it, will let you know on the 29th of March 09.

Fred

And I will let you know when we are on the Splendor in September :D That really sounds so good looking forward to it all.

Archived