Best Cruise for younger singles?

Rob #4

Can anyone reccommend what a good option would be for first time young single cruisers? We don't want to end up on a boat with all families.

I would pick a 3 to 5 night Carnival cruise. The shorter cruises tend to get the younger crowds and Carnival isn't called the "Fun Ships" for nothing.:D

Can anyone reccommend what a good option would be for first time young single cruisers? We don't want to end up on a boat with all families.

You did not say how "young" you are.. If you are under age, you won't be able to cruise.. However...

If you are looking for the younger crowd to "party" with aboard ship.. CCL, would be the cruise line and the time to go would be college spring break.. Lots of 20 somethings on board...

I am thirteen and therefore i am suggesting you to stay away from disney, carnival, and royal carribbean cruise lines. These cruise lines are mainly planned for families with young children. I would suggest Norwegian Cruise Lines or Princess. Enjoy!

I think your best bet would be either Carnival, Norwegian, or Royal Caribbean. Our first cruise was on Carnival and they do have quite a party atmosphere, Norwegian has flexible dining which can be a plus, and Royal seems to appeals to a broader age range. I will say that the bars on Carnival are open much longer hours than the bars on Royal.

Our RCI cruise was a 7-day and there was MUCH more partying on that cruise than any of my Carnival cruises (including the 4-day Bahama cruise that we took in June 2004). Way more!

I've really not seen the Carnival = Party Boat stuff that people insist is true. Yes, they're fun. But they also have LOTS of families, as their kids program is very good. And plenty of seniors, too.

I agree that most shorter cruises will have more young folks, simply because they're more affordable. If you can find one that sails on a Thursday, it should really be a party boat. Of course, you could end up with a gazillion kids, if you sail while school is out.

You didn't say when you can cruise. If you go when kids are off school, you'll see a lot of them and families. Early 20's will be big during spring break.

How long a cruise are you looking at? A mid January, 7 dayer, to either east or west Carib would be great fun for you all on Royal Carib. Or Carnival. IMO, The shorter cruises don't give you enough time to really relax. Seems you'd be unpacking just to pack up again in 3 nights....you'll HATE that!

Have fun planning!

I like 5 days. Sure, 7 days are great, but 5 days is better than nothing.

Plus, the 5 day Carnival cruises I've done have been very, very reasonably priced.

I think for new cruisers, a 5 day is a good place to start. If you find you hate it (highly unlikely) you won't have a huge amount of money spent to find that out.

Archived