Royal Caribbean Stock

GFY

Yes.

100 shares minimum for OBC but the program has been changing. You used to be able to combine it with OBC for reseving a cruise while onboard or buying a next cruise certificate.

They announced plans to stop combining them but last week rescinded until Dec 31st if I understand the latest announcement.

Stock went up today 81 cents but it is still low compared to last May and its 52 week high.

I have read that if you own 100 shares of Carnival stock they give you $100 ship board credit with each carnival cruise does Royal Caribbean offer the same thing or anything similar.

I believe it is $50 for 3-5 night

$100 for 6-7night

$250 for 14 night

I believe it is $50 for 3-5 night

$100 for 6-7night

$250 for 14 night

You're on the right track, but it's actually $100 for 6-9 nights. Here is the complete list below:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Comprehensive RCCL stock info can be found at the following link:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

All of your questions should be answered there :)

My understanding they have changed the rules again and it is combinable with OBC from purchasing a future cruise. Last week it wasn't.

I am 99% sure of the change but does anyone have any further info to verify the change??

George:)

Yes, they did rescind their original stance that it wasn't going to be combinable with the OBC obtained through a next cruise or onboard booking, so now it is fully combinable again--you can combine the shareholder OBC and the next cruise/onboard booking OBC. BUT, apparently they are reviewing the whole policy again in December, so they may change their minds and disallow it again. Who knows? There were a number of people who called or emailed RCCL to express their displeasure, so hopefully they will decide to keep the status quo! :)

I recently made enough money on one stock that I could sell off enough to buy 100 shares of RCL. Now seemed like a good time, but we will see. Anyway, RCI's website tells you about sending a copy of your proxy card. I sent an email to Ameritrade's customer support asking about the card, and how to get it. I have 150 days till I need it.

I have seriously been thinking of buying some now that it is so low...I did see that it went up a little today, I was hoping it would go the other way just a little more. I figure I have a little time to wait it out since its still a good price even at what it is now.

My understanding they have changed the rules again and it is combinable with OBC from purchasing a future cruise. Last week it wasn't.

I am 99% sure of the change but does anyone have any further info to verify the change??

George:)

Yes, they did rescind their original stance that it wasn't going to be combinable with the OBC obtained through a next cruise or onboard booking, so now it is fully combinable again--you can combine the shareholder OBC and the next cruise/onboard booking OBC. BUT, apparently they are reviewing the whole policy again in December, so they may change their minds and disallow it again. Who knows? There were a number of people who called or emailed RCCL to express their displeasure, so hopefully they will decide to keep the status quo! :)

I bought 100 shares on Tuesday, got an email confirmation from ShareBuilder and emailed it to RCI along with the dates and confirmation for my cruise in January .... after 12/31 .... and receive a confirmation the next day telling me it's been applied to the cruise I purchased with a Next Cruise booking. So I think they realized the mistake they made and rescinded everything.

Yesterday morning I purchased 100 shares at $12.88 it closed today at $16.14. I faxed the brokerage confirmation to the number listed on the stock website yesterday afternoon. I am anxiously awaiting a reply. My next cruise is 4 Jan 09 and I would like to book my next cruise then, IF they don't change their minds again about stacking the benefits.

I recently made enough money on one stock that I could sell off enough to buy 100 shares of RCL. Now seemed like a good time, but we will see. Anyway, RCI's website tells you about sending a copy of your proxy card. I sent an email to Ameritrade's customer support asking about the card, and how to get it. I have 150 days till I need it.

I use Ameritrade too. When I have used the benefit they have accepted simply an e-mail with an attachment of the buy confirmation from my Ameritrade account. I have used the benefit three times and simply e-mailed the buy confirmation all three times. You may want to just give that a shot as it only takes a minute or two and you do not need to wait to receive a proxy card or anything.

Yesterday morning I purchased 100 shares at $12.88 it closed today at $16.14. I faxed the brokerage confirmation to the number listed on the stock website yesterday afternoon. I am anxiously awaiting a reply. My next cruise is 4 Jan 09 and I would like to book my next cruise then, IF they don't change their minds again about stacking the benefits.

$12.88 whooo nice pick up. I was in at $14.98 it went to about $20 and settle back to around $15 ;)

I just sent them a copy of my trade confirmation and they processed my OBC in about 7 days.:D

Good luck

Good to know, I got a response back from Ameritrade. Proxy cards go out at the end of the year, so I have time to wait for that as my cruise isn't until April. I've found doing things to early gives more opportunity to get lost. Ameritrade also told me how to print the trade confirmation as well. I'll do this and my RCI Visa coupons around the 1st of Feb.

BillOh,

Personally, I wouldn't wait till the first of the year to send in your stock confirmation. They might change everything on 12/31, and you might not get the full benefit, if you used $$ off coupon or next cruise certificate. Send it to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and you should get a confirmation email within a couple of days. Also ask for an updated invoice that shows the obc has been applied. Our next cruise isn't till Feb, 09, but I have already sent in for the stockholder benefit just to be safe.

Trish

BillOh,

Personally, I wouldn't wait till the first of the year to send in your stock confirmation. They might change everything on 12/31, and you might not get the full benefit, if you used $$ off coupon or next cruise certificate. Send it to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and you should get a confirmation email within a couple of days. Also ask for an updated invoice that shows the obc has been applied. Our next cruise isn't till Feb, 09, but I have already sent in for the stockholder benefit just to be safe.

Trish

Thanks for the advice.

BillOh,

Trish

I took your advice and received an email in 48 hours confirming my OBC and reservation number. Very impressive.

I just topped my RCL holdings upto 100 shares today, emailed them my last statement and a trade confirmation of the additional shares, hopefully hear in the next day or 2, spent $500, will get $250 back in OBC, so not a bad deal:)

• 3 years later...
Yes.

100 shares minimum for OBC but the program has been changing. You used to be able to combine it with OBC for reseving a cruise while onboard or buying a next cruise certificate.

They announced plans to stop combining them but last week rescinded until Dec 31st if I understand the latest announcement.

Stock went up today 81 cents but it is still low compared to last May and its 52 week high.

Funny reading stuff on stock options with RCCL and we are on the same sailing for June 7, 2013 for Celebrity Solstice Alaska!!!

Yes.

Exactly right which is why we sold it now that we are emerald. I was lucky though, bought it when I was gold at $15 per share the first time crude hit $100/barrel. Sold it at $44 a year later and it paid for most of my Allure cruise.

Exactly right which is why we sold it now that we are emerald. I was lucky though, bought it when I was gold at $15 per share the first time crude hit $100/barrel. Sold it at $44 a year later and it paid for most of my Allure cruise.

I keep reminding my wife that I wanted to buy it at $7.00 but she said no way. I keep it up my sleeve and spring it if she complains that one of my investments isn't doing well. "Well honey, I could have bought RCI at seven bucks but...":D

Archived