All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

I am cruising solo in Jan with a stop at HMC (so renting a cabana makes no sense). Now that I know about the loud music I am bringing a beach umbrella and walking far down the beach to set it up. I'll pick up my own snacks and drink, I guess. Will bring my own snorkeling gear too.

Wow what a great plan I can just imagine you there since we were just there in September. You will have a beautiful, peaceful, time in HMC.

I just returned and the cabana was fantastic! If you aren't interested in getting a cabana they set up chairs all the way down the beach in front of the cabanas. There certainly isn't much shade, but at least you can get a chair.

We've been to HMC twice. IMO, the cabana's not worth it to use because we'er on the move most of the day, but certainly a good choice fo many folks especially if you have older folks/kids/people who don't do well in the sun. If your enjoy walking/hiking you can go pretty far down the beach and also around some decent walking trails. We did the swimming horseback riding excursion one time, which was alot of fun. Can't wait to go back!

We've been to HMC twice. IMO, the cabana's not worth it to use because we'er on the move most of the day, but certainly a good choice fo many folks especially if you have older folks/kids/people who don't do well in the sun. If your enjoy walking/hiking you can go pretty far down the beach and also around some decent walking trails. We did the swimming horseback riding excursion one time, which was alot of fun. Can't wait to go back!

Everyone does different things at HMC.

What one finds enjoyable, another may not.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone had this one? If so, were there many people in front of this cabana? How far of a walk to the bbq luncheon? Thanks for your replies.

I'd love to know the answer to this too. I have a cabana in May and was thinking of booking from #10-#12 so this would definately help with my decision. Thanks for asking!

Just had #12 twice in December, single ship at HMC. Yes, people may be in front of you on the loungers. But it isn't a big crowd, and they don't bother you. Even Cabana 15 had people in front of them.

The BBQ will be about a 10 minute walk.

Thank you CruiseBruce. I just want to make sure I'm away from the crowd. I don't mind a small bunch.

Anyone had this one? If so, were there many people in front of this cabana? How far of a walk to the bbq luncheon? Thanks for your replies.

If you're worried about the walk to the BBQ, add the butler package. Nothing like a specially prepared meal from the Pinnacle Grill.

They are on the cruise line :eek:that doesn't offer the Butler upgrade. :o

Butler Service Upgrade Package for Private Cabana

This special service upgrade is available to those guests who have purchased a Half Moon Cay Private Cabana Package (guests ... More DetailsDeparture Times:Available

Duration:Varies - The Butler Service Upgrade Package rate is applicable for up to 4 guests.

Designation:im_shorex_1walkblack.gifim_shorex_limitedcap.gif

Price: $270.00*

*Price is per party, not per person

It was girlscruz2011 that was on that other cruise line that doesn't offer the Butler upgrade. That is who I was referring to.

I'm good without a butler. I don't mind the 10 min walk at all. If not, I'll just ask my husband, my personal cabana boy to get something for me :D

We had #11 the first time we visited HMC. It's not a bad walk to the bbq, and it was a lot less crowded on the beach down by our cabana. The second time we visited we had #5, and there were a lot of people near our cabana. I can only imagine that with the new bar, it's even more crowded there.:(