Spa pass for TA cruise

Blondie008

Hi

We are in aquaSpa - our cousin is not - He would like a pass for the spa/persian gardens, saunas, relax etc

Where does he go on Day 1 (I assume) to buy one - guest services or directly to the spa? I take it spa passes are "rationed".

Cost for two weeks? He wont be bothered just good to know.

Thanks.

Hi

We are in aquaSpa - our cousin is not - He would like a pass for the spa/persian gardens, saunas, relax etc

Where does he go on Day 1 (I assume) to buy one - guest services or directly to the spa? I take it spa passes are "rationed".

Thanks.

The only thing that he would need to purchase would be for the Persian Gardens. The other things are free except for specific individual services in the Canyon Ranch area.

Since you are in an Aqua Class cabin your assigned dining room is Blu, you do not have a space reserved for you in the Main Dining Room. Unless your cousin is in a suite or Aqua Class, he cannot eat in Blu and they are very strict about this so you would be eating in two different dining rooms.

Hi

Thanks.

Really, cousin should consider that the Persian Garden room may not be worth the cost. So many other places onboard to hang out.

Just my opinion I know but I was not impressed at all and didn't use it in my 1st and last Aqua booking

Can anyone answer the question please.

He has plenty money and to us, saunas, heated tile loungers for relaxing etc are worth it. He is already paying double for a single balcony cabin, money is not the issue. We didnt use our captains club upgrade simply so that we can get quick spa access - and no - overhead noise wont bother us either we are late to bed and early to rise - best place for us.

Yes, we do know about dining. He will be doing very much his own thing although we will of course meet up for dinners some nights prob in the pay restaurants - and/or mdr IF there is space - especially on formal nights.

All we want to do is WHERE does he buy the pass and do they limit them - ie does he have to get this done on day 1.

AFAIK There is no limit on the number of passes they will sell and all he has to do is tell the Spa staff at their booking desk and they will make the arrangements. I do not believe that he has to do this on embarkation day but staff will be there giving tours and setting up appointments so your cousin can get all the info he needs then, have a look at the place, and see if it will meet his needs.

Can anyone answer the question please.

He has plenty money and to us, saunas, heated tile loungers for relaxing etc are worth it. He is already paying double for a single balcony cabin, money is not the issue. We didnt use our captains club upgrade simply so that we can get quick spa access - and no - overhead noise wont bother us either we are late to bed and early to rise - best place for us.

Yes, we do know about dining. He will be doing very much his own thing although we will of course meet up for dinners some nights prob in the pay restaurants - and/or mdr IF there is space - especially on formal nights.

All we want to do is WHERE does he buy the pass and do they limit them - ie does he have to get this done on day 1.

We typically stay in Aqua Class because the Persian Garden comes with (and Blu dining). When we stay in a suite or other category, we always purchase the Persian Garden spa. He will want to go directly to the Canyon Ranch Spa desk and purchase the package. They will probably put a little sticker on his sea pass card. We have been told many times that the Persian Garden passes do sell out, as they only allow so many. Considering the AQ passengers have full access, I would go right away once he embarks. The last few cruises have been in Aqua Class, so not sure of the current cost. I think in the cost was around $20 a day if you purchase per-day. If he purchases a 2-week package, there is usually a discount. Our last purchase was $160 for each of us, so a good savings. Our next cruise is in a Sky Suite, so will have to pay the cost again - to us it's worth it! :)

Edited by Mermen

We typically stay in Aqua Class because the Persian Garden comes with (and Blu dining). When we stay in a suite or other category, we always purchase the Persian Garden spa. He will want to go directly to the Canyon Ranch Spa desk and purchase the package. They will probably put a little sticker on his sea pass card. We have been told many times that the Persian Garden passes do sell out, as they only allow so many. Considering the AQ passengers have full access, I would go right away once he embarks. The last few cruises have been in Aqua Class, so not sure of the current cost. I think in the cost was around $20 a day if you purchase per-day. If he purchases a 2-week package, there is usually a discount. Our last purchase was $160 for each of us, so a good savings. Our next cruise is in a Sky Suite, so will have to pay the cost again - to us it's worth it! :)

Thank you so very much - all of the info we need to know - I will send him up to the spa first day - Perfect - much appreciated - thank you! He will want it for the duration for sure. Love a 4pm nap in the spa - and sauna first thing in the morning takes care of the over indulgence from the night before :)

On my TA to Rome this spring on Connie, they were selling a pass for $99, and had a sign that it was limited in supply (13 nights cruise). Daily I think was $19 or so.

If you get a massage or spa treatment, you can ask them to grant access, some will - mine just affixed a green dot to my SeaPass (I did a schedule of 3 acupuncture treatments) I think they even 'legitimately' allow access for the day of any treatment without separate fee.

I have heard that on S class ships, the entry door requires the keycard to be activated, on M class they just look for the sticker, and honestly, no one ever even cared or ever looked at my card when I came and went.

Somehow it was my first Crusie I had stumbled across the spa, I've often looked, but never really found it, the time I thought I had i realize now I just saw various treatment rooms and not the PG.

I love the different shower patterns in the M class spa personally.

Edited by cle-guy

Unless he will pay....

the only thing that he would need to purchase would be for the persian gardens. The other things are free except for specific individual services in the canyon ranch area.

Since you are in an aqua class cabin your assigned dining room is blu, you do not have a space reserved for you in the main dining room. Unless your cousin is in a suite or aqua class, he cannot eat in blu and they are very strict about this so you would be eating in two different dining rooms.

Unless he will pay....

"paying for Blue" is not an option

We/and he - would not want that anyway, he travels with us but loves meeting people - he will really enjoy the MDR select dining - he is very sociable - and we like our time and Blu for us is important - He respects our space and we respect his.

He was with us on Epic last year and we didnt see him for four days..

Formal nights we would like to dine together if we can - both men are taking their kilts - love to see them both in their finery. (I might as well wear a black bin liner that night!). We will speak to the Maitre'Dhe beforehand to see if its ok. If its not - then fine.

We will also do the pay restaurants together -

But in the main - he will love the MDR - maybe find himself a nice lady friend to accompany ;)

You go to the spa and buy the pass at the counter there. Here's the list of services and hours including prices, but the Persian Garden pass price is the only thing not included.

http://www.canyonranch.com/sites/default/files/i/downloads/atsea/celebrity_cruises_guide_to_services.pdf

Edited by cheryl20772
forgot to include the link!

I would check on that.....I seem to recall that you could have guests in luminae if they were willing to pay as in a specialty restaurant if space was available....Some one correnct me if I am wrong...but, I am sure I heard it mentined on other threads

"paying for Blue" is not an option

We/and he - would not want that anyway, he travels with us but loves meeting people - he will really enjoy the MDR select dining - he is very sociable - and we like our time and Blu for us is important - He respects our space and we respect his.

He was with us on Epic last year and we didnt see him for four days..

Formal nights we would like to dine together if we can - both men are taking their kilts - love to see them both in their finery. (I might as well wear a black bin liner that night!). We will speak to the Maitre'Dhe beforehand to see if its ok. If its not - then fine.

We will also do the pay restaurants together -

But in the main - he will love the MDR - maybe find himself a nice lady friend to accompany ;)

Yes you can have guests join you in Luminae, the suite dining room, for a fee.

But The same is not true for Blu however. Guests who are staying in suites can dine there but if you are in aqua class you cannot invite friends to join you there even for a fee.

I would check on that.....I seem to recall that you could have guests in luminae if they were willing to pay as in a specialty restaurant if space was available....Some one correnct me if I am wrong...but, I am sure I heard it mentined on other threads

NOPE, NEVER NOT AT ALL - not in BLU.

I Sailed in the PH on Reflection, as a solo, having paid the solo-supplement, and tried to invite a guest. The would not allow me to, even though I had paid fare for 2 people, I argued the point, that I paid for 2 - I want the benefits of 2, they still said no.

I raised the issue with hotel director and he gave me some OBC as an apology, but said there is just no way to bring a guest to BLU who isn't registered in a Suite or AQ Cabin. I told him I'd far rather have the ability to have the benefits of 2 than the $600 OBC he gave me - it wasn't the money I was upset about, it was the point that I travel solo, and like to meet people and have dinner with newly met friends.

Suite guests CAN bring guests to Luminae for $25 Breakfast, $35 Lunch, and $50 dinner, but the extra charge must go on the Suite Guest's SeaPass account, your guest may not have the charges placed on theirs - I assume the point being to try to keep guests to a minimum as some may not be all that into paying for a newly met friends dinners.

Edited by cle-guy

Thank you so very much - all of the info we need to know - I will send him up to the spa first day - Perfect - much appreciated - thank you! He will want it for the duration for sure. Love a 4pm nap in the spa - and sauna first thing in the morning takes care of the over indulgence from the night before :)

Oh, you have got THAT right! :o

Oh, you have got THAT right! :o

Have to be honest and say it is hard to beat NCL Epic's spa cabins - just a few steps and the spa area on Epic is awesome - their thalassothrapy pool has those jets like huge taps which you stand under - and last night's martinis are blasted lol!

Although we think we have found a new cure in Milk Thistle - just "test drove" it over a three day booze festival - product called Milk Thistle Over Indulgence -despite the heavy booze we both agreed it has been the best hangover prevention yet - def getting a load for the cruise! :)

We dont drink much at home and seldom get time out - when we do - we tend to go OTT - Sauna - steam room an essential.

Our cousin will want it for this reason too.

Blu is for us - we want OUR time out - as much as he wants his - we can get together when we feel like it either in the MDR (if possible) or any of the pay restaurants which we totally dont mind paying for.

Thanks all for the info !

If you are on an S class ship, there is a "secret" spiral staircase near front of the ship in the Aqua Cabins section that takes you direct to the spa.

Yup - figured that out and hoping we can get by in our robe from room to spa without going into public area - but we are port side and the stairway appears to be starboard - we prefer port side - but chose not to CC upgrade to A1 as we want to be near to that stairway.

Many dont seem to be fussed about the spa - and seem to book aqua more for Blu - we will use Blu but will want to (if there is room) go to MDR on formal nights (3 on our cruise) as our men dress in full Highland wear - we like the ambience of MDR on formal nights and want to join my cousin -

We will speak to the MaitreD'he early on and see if we can arrange that -

The stairway though - possible to get from cabin port side to stairway by going only via corridors?

The stairway though - possible to get from cabin port side to stairway by going only via corridors?

Check your specific ship's deck plan on the X site and you will be able to see the paths to the staircase. Typically there is a cross over hallway from port to starboard on each level with cabins around midship, and perhaps elsewhere closer froward to the spiral stair.