Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Love that you finish each day with your towel animal - fun!

Your pics make me wish I had a cruise planned on the Liberty. I love that class of ships. But I have my 3rd straight Breeze cruise in November. I agree with you that it is a great ship, but I think I am ready for a change :)

Once you have cruise on Breeze, to me any other Carnival ships will feel like a step down. My goal was to cruise on a different ship each time but now we are more interested in the itineraries.

Thanks so much for your review and all the great photos!

I noticed in photos of the aft pool area both on embarkation and again in Roatan that the dome was closed over the aft. Was it closed for the whole cruise and do you know why?

Thank you.

After checking my photos it wasn't closed all the time, as for the reason why it was closed for some of the time, I don't know.

Thankfully the rain did let up and we took a chance and caught a taxi to 7 Mile Beach, more specifically ‘Royal Palm Resort’. The taxi rate was $4 per person. The entrance fee at the Royal Palm Resort was $2 each.

DSC_0939_zps5ab5925a.jpg

DSC_0925_zpsff147419.jpg

The water was not as clear as we remembered it. This was probably due to the weather.

DSCN0403_zpsaf24c90f.jpg

DSCN0404_zps2c5bcbd7.jpg

DSCN0405_zps1d712064.jpg

The dark clouds were rolling in again and we decided to return to the port.

DSC_0940_zps2c869313.jpg

DSC_0941_zpsfa305408.jpg

DSC_0942_zpsa8883d71.jpg

DSC_0943_zps956a14b0.jpg

DSC_0944_zpsdf001110.jpg

While we were in the shopping area, near where the ship was docked, we were hit by thunder and lightning with lots of rain. We stayed in the shops until it died down and took the tender back to the ship.

DSCN0406_zpsef63ceda.jpg

Upon entering our cabin, we were greeted by chocolate covered strawberries, another Platinum perk.

DSC_0945_zps245aec55.jpg

We had dinner in the Golden Olympian Dining Room. Tonight was the second ‘Elegant Night’

DSC_0948_zps18c181ff.jpg

Delice of the Ocean

DSC_0949_zps23d6d292.jpg

Fried Vegetable Spring Rolls

DSC_0950_zps9ea9c9cc.jpg

Grilled Jumbo Tiger Shrimps

DSC_0953_zps19e9d064.jpg

Martini Braised Basa Fillet

DSC_0951_zps2cfc162b.jpg

DSC_0952_zps1afe7b62.jpg

Amaretto Cake

DSC_0956_zpsa8750bf5.jpg

Tracy had brought a glass of wine from our cabin, to the dining room. Then she ordered a Tropical Espresso and a hot cocktail. At home we drink alcohol maybe once or twice a month but when were on vacation, we like to try a variety of different drinks.

DSC_0955_zpsd28ab24d.jpg

Afterward Tracy and I went to several different locations to get our photo taken. This is the one Tracy chose.

98bcb3f4-32cb-40c4-a672-45a7200d9211_zpsfa6a2dbb.jpg

Tonight’s big production show in the Venetian Lounge was ‘Just Rock’. Tracy likes to sit in the balcony section.

DSC_0964_zps4f9e19c9.jpg

DSC_0966_zps5888379c.jpg

One of Tracy’s favorite drinks is the ‘Tiramisu’

DSC_0968_zps91981bcc.jpg

I’m having a ‘Long Island Iced Tea’

DSC_0969_zps65cd78af.jpg

The show is about to begin

DSC_0971_zps7661af30.jpg

Not allowed but I snuck one photo.

DSC_0972_zps982dbbbd.jpg

On today’s agenda; ‘The Behind the Fun Tour’ and later Arielle singing on the big stage in Carnival Legends.

Well I was back to getting up early.

DSC_0974_zps1f1338c0.jpg

DSC_0975_zpsb1d62f95.jpg

DSC_0976_zpsd90f6656.jpg

When Tracy got up we ordered room service.

DSC_0977_zps95452964.jpg

DSC_0978_zps34733da7.jpg

Our tickets for the tour

DSC_0980_zps36275b9e.jpg

As mentioned earlier you cannot buy this excursion in advance; you have to purchase your tickets once onboard. The cost is $95 each. There is a limited number sold. There were two separate groups of approximately 16 people doing the tour. We met in the library at 9:30 am. They had refreshments such as juices and pastries. Security had a hand held metal detector to make sure you were not carrying any electronic device that could take a photograph or video. We had two crew members conducting the tour with security following us for part of the tour, especially in sensitive areas, like the bridge and engine control room.

The first area we visited was behind the stage in the Venetian Lounge. One of the technician explained how everything worked. How the big backdrops and props are used during a show. Then we went into the dressing room where one of the dancers answered all our questions about costume changes, working conditions, etc. Then we went to the crew’s outside deck. It has two Jacuzzi and some deck chairs. It’s either on deck 3 or 4 forward. We had our group photo taken.

2013_09_15_21_31_100001_zps3f71810d.jpg

The crew members explained to us what this outside deck was used for and answered all our questions.

Next was the main laundry room, they had huge machines that washed towels, linen, table cloths, etc. They also had other smaller machines that wash the guest laundry. They had machines that pressed and folded linen and other machines that folded towels. Next we toured the galley, the engine control room and the store rooms along deck zero’s long corridor known as I-95. We visited the crew’s gym, training room, internet room and dining room where we had more refreshments. Then we went to everyone’s favorite, the bridge, there we met the Captain and his crew. The Captain explained what all the different stations with monitors were used for and answered all our questions. We spent about 20 minutes on the bridge and had our photos taken with Captain Roberto Leotta.

2013_09_15_21_35_230001_zps4b57d2e6.jpg

2013_09_15_21_32_230001_zpsc336464c.jpg

After the bridge we visited the steakhouse. There we received drinks, snacks and parting gifts.

Gift bag

DSC_0985_zps47a3d1ba.jpg

Once back in our cabin there was another treat waiting for us.

DSC_0981_zpse95c5ae7.jpg

DSC_0984_zpsa44befc7.jpg

Fun Facts

BehindtheFunFacts002_zps121189c5.jpg

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe

BehindtheFunFacts003_zps3c7825d9.jpg

This tour lasted 3.5 hours and was well worth the money. Since we could not take photographs I had to rely on memory alone to review this excursion. I may be inaccurate in some details and may have left out some of the places we visited.

As usual the last sea day is when they have the chocolate buffet. Tracy and I decided to check it out. We had a small meal and proceeded to try different desserts.

DSC_0997_zps0ce94020.jpg

DSC_0998_zps21381fe8.jpg

DSC_0987_zps35bdae41.jpg

DSC_0988_zps824a3e48.jpg

DSC_0989_zps4217d90e.jpg

DSC_0990_zps379ea908.jpg