Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

We were onboard Carnival Breeze at about 11:10 am. I went to guest services to get an extra cabin key for the kid’s room.

DSC_01352_zpsb812add3.jpg

DSC_01362_zps8362f17f.jpg

DSC_01372_zpsa91aa99c.jpg

DSC_01382_zps5c970430.jpg

DSC_04202_zps56f443f6.jpg

DSC_04322_zpsbb5821a7.jpg

As I mentioned earlier another Platinum bonus is that your room is ready when you board so we went to our cabins to drop off our carry-on luggage. We had a cove balcony cabin (our first) and the kids had an inside cabin, both on deck 2.

I booked our cabins over a year ago and I wanted to make sure we had a quiet area since we had the lobby deck above us. I picked starboard cabins under the Sapphire Dining Room. Then 3-4 months before the cruise I found out on Cruise Critic that on our itinerary (southern), it was the port side that faced all the ports. I called our PVP and was able to change our cabins to the port side with just a slight disadvantage, our cabin and the kids were not directly across from each other.

Hallway

DSC_04842_zpsbf337694.jpg

DSC_04832_zps36cb6da3.jpg

DSC_07413_zpsd2ed0211.jpg

DSC_07433_zpsee637d66.jpg

We loved our Cove Balcony. We had a close unobstructed view of the water. We would definitely get one again. Most of the balconies above deck 5 did not have the same view because of the Lanai, an outside promenade that went around the ship.

Then it was time for lunch, we went exploring our options. We did not want to eat too much since Tracy and I had reservations at the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse. One thing we had to get used to was that the Lido deck on Breeze is on deck 10 rather than deck 9 on all our previous cruises. We got off on the wrong floor a few times.

Guy’s Burger

DSC_04572_zpsc51360aa.jpg

DSC_04592_zps4b760995.jpg

DSC_04552_zps5bf0e529.jpg

DSC_04582_zpsf84111fb.jpg

DSC_04562_zps62d7d15d.jpg

I loved our Cove Balcony. We were in room 2294 and our friends were across the hall from us in interior room 2296. I wanted a cove balcony for our cruise next year but DH wanted try an upper level so this time we're in a Lido deck Balcony. Loving your review. I hope to one day do a B2B cruise.

Hi all!

Mikey ~ loved your review & eagerly anticipating your Breeze one as I'm going on it in 18 more days!:D My DD lives in Fredericton & just made the 13 hour drive up here to visit for Thanksgiving.:eek:

That's a lovely family you have.

~ Jo~ :)

Thank you Jo, hope you have a wonderful cruise. Mike

Arielle looks awesome! :) Does CCL provide the costumes or do you have to bring your own? Can't WAIT to read your Breeze review and see your pictures. That is the one ship I DESPERATELY want to cruise on.

They supply the costumes, when you look at Elvis's costume I think they are one size fits all. :eek:

Hey cool! We were in port the same day. My wife and I were onboard Magic. Wish I would have known so I could meet the famous CC review writer Mike and his family. ;):D

Edit: Also, as is always the case, I'm really enjoying the review. Thanks!

Thank you and hopefully we can meet some day. :D

What kind of sandwich is that? It looks good! And where'd you get those chips? I thought chips weren't available on the Lido deck, only via room service.

I don't remember what kind of sandwich it was. I didn't get from the deli but rather from the grill near the aft pool and it came with chips.