Qsine on Silhouette

carefree lady

We will certainly miss Qsine when we sail on the Silhouette next March! On our 4 previous cruises we had our 1st night of the cruise dinner there each time and was looking forward to continuing our tradition.

We have absolutely no interest in LPC as the limited menu doesn’t appeal to us at all. We will be staying in the PH, therefore dining there would be complimentary, but that still will not entice us to eat there. Guess we’ll give the Lawn Club Grill a try, our first time sailing on S-class.

First Bistro on 5, now Qsine ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will certainly miss Qsine when we sail on the Silhouette next March! On our 4 previous cruises we had our 1st night of the cruise dinner there each time and was looking forward to continuing our tradition.

We have absolutely no interest in LPC as the limited menu doesn’t appeal to us at all. We will be staying in the PH, therefore dining there would be complimentary, but that still will not entice us to eat there. Guess we’ll give the Lawn Club Grill a try, our first time sailing on S-class.

First Bistro on 5, now Qsine ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please do try the Lawn Club Grill, it's wonderful. Be careful not to fill up on the flatbreads! Leave room for the shrimp, steak, or whatever you might want to eat. And dessert. (Warm chocolate cookie with ice cream.)

I really miss Bistro on 5 as well. :(

Le Petit Chef seems firmly geared to first-time Celebrity cruisers. I’m not sure how many people will want to see it twice or more at that price, especially with the reports that the food is ok, but not stellar. After what I’ve read/seen, I’ll probably only try it if it’s offered for free for some reason. I wonder if they will get enough people who want to try it once to keep it going for long?

• 1 month later...

We really enjoyed Qsine. Hope that The Petit Chef is good, but I am not sure if the menu is as interesting. They changed Bistro on Five to Sushi on Five and if you don't like sushi- too bad. We no longer go to that restaurant. Have a feeling that we will save money and not dine in The Petit Chef either. Fortunately the Lawn Grill is our favorite restaurant and hopefully it will remain!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, nednrom said:

I was getting ready to book Qsine on the Silhouette for Jan sailing when I saw this - the reservation is advertised as Le Petit Chef at Qsine - what does that mean?  Has the Qsine menu changed?

Scroll back thru this thread; Qsine is being replaced by Le Petit Chef.   So yes, it won't be Qsine. 

On our last cruise on Reflection, they were pushing 50% discount off the first night to Blu diners.  We did not do it as there is no better time to get to know our server on the first night. Our server said he could get great discounts on other nights at LPC as well but he was so darn good that we were not going to let him get out of serving us each evening.  He said servers who sell specialty dining to their guests get extra credits like getting off days or skipping assigned duties.

We dined once at Qsine on our 7 to 21 October 2018 cruise on Silhouette. All the fixed signage and uniforms still say Qsine. Menus and other papers also state Le Petit Chef. The ship's dailies state "Qsine - Le Petit Chef".

The older multiple food options of Qsine, selected via an iPad, have gone. The new fixed menu has four courses each preceded by an animation of "Le Petit Chef" creating the plate of food you are about to eat. For people who do not want the fixed menu there is an alternative for each course, although the animation does not change. We really enjoyed the meal and nearly went back, but there were too many other tempting food options.

3 hours ago, Chanbre said:

We dined once at Qsine on our 7 to 21 October 2018 cruise on Silhouette. All the fixed signage and uniforms still say Qsine. Menus and other papers also state Le Petit Chef. The ship's dailies state "Qsine - Le Petit Chef".

The older multiple food options of Qsine, selected via an iPad, have gone. The new fixed menu has four courses each preceded by an animation of "Le Petit Chef" creating the plate of food you are about to eat. For people who do not want the fixed menu there is an alternative for each course, although the animation does not change. We really enjoyed the meal and nearly went back, but there were too many other tempting food options.

The new gimmick sounds Disney cruise line- My DH has very specific food likes and dislikes- no seafood for example- no cheese another so a fixed type gimmicky menu wouldn't work.  Too bad- loved Qsine.