Civitavecchia to FCO with 11:00AM flight

DREUX

Hi All,

I know this is probably not possible but I will ask anyway. We will be disembarking the NCL Jade on 11/21/12. The arrival time at Civitavecchia is listed at 5:00AM. I gather that this is not the earliest time possible to get off the ship but does anyone think it would be possible to make an 11:00AM flight out of FCO. If so what would be the best method of transportation; taxi, shuttle bus, etc? Thank you for your help.

Doug

I wouldn't do it but some people would.

If there are no problems with disembarkation you would make it but if there were you could miss it.

The drive is about 45 minutes but I would allow one hour.

The airport could be chaotic but I would allow at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours for checkin.

I would use a private car service.

There are many. One that we use and recommend is rome cabs which is not a taxi service. Their web site is http://www.romecabs.com

Keith

Hi All,

I know this is probably not possible but I will ask anyway. We will be disembarking the NCL Jade on 11/21/12. The arrival time at Civitavecchia is listed at 5:00AM. I gather that this is not the earliest time possible to get off the ship but does anyone think it would be possible to make an 11:00AM flight out of FCO. If so what would be the best method of transportation; taxi, shuttle bus, etc? Thank you for your help.

Doug

Tell NCL about your flight time and you should be among the first guests off; you may get off earlier if you can carry all of your bags. We arranged for a private transfer with www.limousinesystem.com and were at FCO an hour after we walked out with our bags -- this was on a Saturday when traffic may be easier than during the week. There are several other private transfer companies you should check with.

Flying internationally back to the US -- I'd search for a later flight and be safe. :o Flying to somewhere else in Europe - go for it! :cool:

Hi All,

Doug

No problem--we had an 11:30 flight. Off the ship at 6:45 am and to the airport in plenty of time....Used the ship's shuttle.

When someone says no problem just remember that while it was OK that time it doesn't mean that it won't be a problem on your cruise. All it takes is a slightly later arrival or something else that goes wrong and you now have a problem.

It all comes down to how much stress you want and how you want to end the final morning of your cruise.

Keith

When flying out of Rome to the US some of us don't have the luxury of choosing later flights if we want to arrive on the same day as departure from Rome. I have a similar dilemma as the last flight out of Rome is 11 am and there are no direct flights to my location. I am taking a chance on a 10:20 flight with private transportation. I am traveling on a Saturday so I am hoping for less traffic.

Celebrity actually booked me on this flight for my first cruise in Europe. I was at the airport 3 hours early with their transfer (which was included in my airfare package which they had as the time.) If you choose ship transfers and you are within their time restrictions, they should be able to you off the ship and to the airport on time.

We had never had a problem until the cruise prior to the Med cruise. One piece of our luggage went MIA and we spent an hour and a half waiting on it to surface. I remember thinking at the time how grateful I was that we didn't have to catch a plane (we were in Port Canaveral). For our Med cruise in June, I booked a hotel in Rome for 3 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise simply because of the possibility of a mishap along the way. We, however, made our own arrangements for the flights and the transfers. We used Bob's Limo. As it turned out, I think we could have made an 11 am flight, but we were just "snake-bit" after the fiasco at Port Canaveral.

We had am11:30 flight and shared a ride to the airport with other people from our role call. We used Rome Cabs and for 10 people ( 2 vans at 150 euros each) the price was 30 euros per person. Rome cabs was very helpful and efficient. We left at 7:00 a.M.

Archived