Vibe Adult area...Getaway

heatherRN53

New to cruising and we are going on our first cruise in Nov/2014 on the Getaway. I have read a lot of posts about the Vibe adult area so I have watched several videos on You Tube about the vibe area of the Breakaway. I am assuming, being a sister ship that the Breakaway and Getaway Vibe area will be similar. One thing I noticed is unless you want to sit at the bar all day, or pay the extra to rent a Cabana for the week, that there is ZERO shade. Am I missing something? Even with the Cabana's depending on the time of day, even those could have full sun. Hubby and I find the smaller adult area very appealing however, we are not sun-bathers so not sure it would be worth it. Looking for thoughts and opinions, where I am totally new to this kind of travel.

They have many large market umbrellas for shade. I found Vibe on Breakaway to be one of my favorite places on the ship. Even though the passes sold out for the week, it never, ever felt crowded and there was always a place to lounge in or out of the sun.

Waiters come around with fruit skewers and cool wipes (both free) all day long. I loved it up there!

If you do wish to get a pass, you will need to be in the first boarding group and head directly to Guest Services to purchase the pass.

Enjoy!

Tracy

• 3 weeks later...
For the Breakaway, I was at the pier before 9:30.

Tracy

Ditto

For our September cruise we arrived a little before 9:30am. I was surprised to see a lot of others that early also. We did board group one but dam near had to run for the customer relations desk on the ship. Keep in mind they have 40? passes and thats it. We boarded and within 15 minutes Vibe was sold out

When getting passes for my wife and myself, do we both have to be at the counter, or can I get them for both of us (I can move faster then she can)?

This is a great question, I would be interested in knowing this too. Anyone out there know?

We'll be sailing Getaway in March and plan to be at the pier around 8:30, cuz I ain't messing around. We WILL acquire Vibe passes! :D

Make sure your know where you are running to. Look at the deck plan before hand;)