Cococay Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle Lunch?

Garavar

• 2 weeks later...
In June on Majesty, Hotel Director John Denton set up a pre-lunch cocktail hour for D+ at Coco Cay. Nice snacks, great drinks and a more casual atmosphere. He does an outstanding job!

Gary Davies ( who took over for John a bit) did the same!

John is back now.

In June on Majesty, Hotel Director John Denton set up a pre-lunch cocktail hour for D+ at Coco Cay. Nice snacks, great drinks and a more casual atmosphere. He does an outstanding job!

We've only gotten this CoCo Cay party when John Denton was the Hotel Director on board.

(may be others, but that is who we've had).

He runs a great ship, btw. Really fun!

We've only gotten this CoCo Cay party when John Denton was the Hotel Director on board.

(may be others, but that is who we've had).

He runs a great ship, btw. Really fun!

We had it on Enchantment in April before she moved to South Florida. Previously it had been at the Wacky Seagull Jr, over by jet skis

I believe JD was on Majesty then getting her ready for the move north.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

We were in a GS on Enchantment last week with a stop in Coco Cay. We thought there was a private beach for Suite guests as well as lunch. We didn't ask this question before we left the ship. When we got off the tender, we asked at least three Royal crew and the tram operator where they Suite Beach was located and not one of the crew knew anything about a Suite area or lunch.

Having said this, we ended up at the floating bar and other than a good sunburn, we had an awesome time. The 6'4" bartender Murese (sp) was simply the best and very entertaining. His only drawback was he couldn't swim but it didn't stop him from jumping in and running back and forth to the beach to get more supplies.

During our time in the CL that evening, we asked the Concierge about a Suite Beach and she said, oh yea, it was off to the left side as you enter the island. We went to the right, South Beach.

I figure Diamonds and P or at least P would also have access to this beach.

Edited by troykahack

We were in a GS on Enchantment last week with a stop in Coco Cay. We thought there was a private beach for Suite guests as well as lunch. We didn't ask this question before we left the ship. When we got off the tender, we asked at least three Royal crew and the tram operator where they Suite Beach was located and not one of the crew knew anything about a Suite area or lunch.

Having said this, we ended up at the floating bar and other than a good sunburn, we had an awesome time. The 6'4" bartender Murese (sp) was simply the best and very entertaining. His only drawback was he couldn't swim but it didn't stop him from jumping in and running back and forth to the beach to get more supplies.

During our time in the CL that evening, we asked the Concierge about a Suite Beach and she said, oh yea, it was off to the left side as you enter the island. We went to the right, South Beach.

I figure Diamonds and P or at least P would also have access to this beach.

That is the Cabana area, not a private beach at all. Access for Suite passengers is really only for lunch, and that varies by ship, as the cabanas are a rental option

Mapa-CocoCay-Bahamas-Royal-Caribbean.png

Edited by John&LaLa

I'm surprised you didn't have that when you were B2B this summer.

Maybe they buried the perk in one of the welcome letters and I missed it. The only Coco Cay perk I can recall is the cocktail party next to the Wacky Seagull Jr.

Edited by clarea

That is the Cabana area, not a private beach at all. Access for Suite passengers is really only for lunch, and that varies by ship, as the cabanas are a rental option

I could be wrong, but I think this picture is dated??? They have recently made changes and added, I thought they were called Cabanas? There is also a beach that had blue and white like cabanas, but for the life of me I can't recall what the old ones are called. We were told the Cabana area was for paid guests only. We were offered to reserve a Cabana through the Concierge prior to our cruise and while onboard, but we declined.

I also don't think your map has the floating bar location?

Please correct me if I am wrong as we are going back very soon.

Maybe they buried the perk in one of the welcome letters and I missed it. The only Coco Cay perk I can recall is the cocktail party next to the Wacky Seagull Jr.

We asked several crew about not only a reserved area but inquired about a special lunch for suite guest and not one we talked to knew of such a thing?

It's an unwritten perk. But the guy that works the entrance to the cabanas is very aware of it. Just show your gold (colored not status) card and he will give you an armband.

I just happened to know from someone else on my cruise......no mention of it in a letter.....it was technically Gold Card only area or I guess if someone rented one of those cabanas...

Edited by PH8

I just happened to know from someone else on my cruise......no mention of it in a letter.....it was technically Gold Card only area or I guess if someone rented one of those cabanas...

It was an invitation in April, I may still have it.

I could be wrong, but I think this picture is dated??? They have recently made changes and added, I thought they were called Cabanas? There is also a beach that had blue and white like cabanas, but for the life of me I can't recall what the old ones are called. We were told the Cabana area was for paid guests only. We were offered to reserve a Cabana through the Concierge prior to our cruise and while onboard, but we declined.

I also don't think your map has the floating bar location?

Please correct me if I am wrong as we are going back very soon.

Yea, it may be old, but the Cabanas are on the map. Barefoot Beach is not in the picture, that is where the new cabana beds and the floating bar is located.

found newer map. Lunch is at number 2 and the Barefoot Beach is 34

d5c99c811aa752d2b95112b9cac4faf6.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
added image

It's an unwritten perk. But the guy that works the entrance to the cabanas is very aware of it. Just show your gold (colored not status) card and he will give you an armband.

Thanks!:)

Yea, it may be old, but the Cabanas are on the map. Barefoot Beach is not in the picture, that is where the new cabana beds and the floating bar is located.

found newer map. Lunch is at number 2 and the Barefoot Beach is 34

d5c99c811aa752d2b95112b9cac4faf6.jpg

The blue cabanas are still there. They have a new area with the new cabanas which are like a bed and white linens. They are south of the old blue cabanas. In between the old cabanas and the new ones, is the beach with the floating bar. I think they call the newer area South Beach???