Pirate's Cove

2PinaColadas

Now that I am back home I wanted to discuss the Snorkel. We did our deal thru shore excursions. I was billed as a Shipwreck and Turtle Snorkel as well as the beach time.

We paid $75 pp and ad I said we got free drinks and lunch and chairs at the beach. What we did at the beach was probably worth about $70 their prices so the Snorkel would have been about $80. The boat was brand new and very nice. It runs the Snorkel right from the cove on the beach. Board ride is only about. 10 min.

The Turtle stop was ok. There was 2-3 turtles swimming in the area. I have seen much better at St Thomas but they are turtles as billed. The second stop is the sunken tugboat.

The island sunk it years ago to make a reef. Water was clear and there are a lot of smaller fish. Nothing special sunken tug was pretty cool. Took about 80=90 min for boat ride and 2 snorkels.

If you can get a good deal from Pirates Cove it is worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mitsugirly I hope you go so I can read your review before we decide :D

We will be there in April. :)

We did a Shipwreck Snorkel that included over 2 hours of beach time, drinks and lunch at Pirates Cove. The place is nice. Local beers were $3 I think and the lunch was good. Plenty of loungers with umbrellas. I heard it was $25 or $30. Good deal. You might be able to walk but the cab ride would be easier. Plenty of cabs outside of the gate.

Our Snorkel was Ok but if we get back to Barbados we would probably just go to Pirates Cove. Great place,

1) Only 2 hours of beach time??

2) What did they serve for lunch? Was it included in your price?

Now that I am back home I wanted to discuss the Snorkel. We did our deal thru shore excursions. I was billed as a Shipwreck and Turtle Snorkel as well as the beach time.

We paid $75 pp and ad I said we got free drinks and lunch and chairs at the beach. What we did at the beach was probably worth about $70 their prices so the Snorkel would have been about $80. The boat was brand new and very nice. It runs the Snorkel right from the cove on the beach. Board ride is only about. 10 min.

The Turtle stop was ok. There was 2-3 turtles swimming in the area. I have seen much better at St Thomas but they are turtles as billed. The second stop is the sunken tugboat.

The island sunk it years ago to make a reef. Water was clear and there are a lot of smaller fish. Nothing special sunken tug was pretty cool. Took about 80=90 min for boat ride and 2 snorkels.

If you can get a good deal from Pirates Cove it is worth it.

1) Above you mentioned the price of beers...then this post you said drinks and meal was included. Was it only certain drinks that you could get? Was it all you can eat/drink? (Or did you just mention the price of drinks for others to know in case they were just going there on their own and paying the regular prices that don't include food/drinks?)

2) Why do you feel that $70 for beach time was worth it? Because of the meal included?

3) Why is snorkeling worth $80? You mentioned there weren't many turtles and you've seen better. Tug was not anything special.

I'm confused about those 2 previous statements (2 & 3). How could it have been worth that much if it (by the description you gave) only sounds mediocre? Am I missing something?

It seems like the only difference is the meal? For an extra $45 per person. ($75 vs $30). That seems like a lot to me. :confused:

Ok I confused you.

The Pirates Cove portion of the excursion was about 2 1/2 hours I guess. We got 2 beach chairs with the thatch top. We got free drinks for the whole time and we got lunch. Burger and FF for me. I just figured 8 drinks, lunch, chairs and transportation to and from the ship was worth the $70-80. The Snorkel maybe not. You know excursions are all over priced but overall I was not disappointed.

I also said on a return trip I would just go to the Cove and rent the chairs and buy food and drinks. It was a nice place.

Ok I confused you.

The Pirates Cove portion of the excursion was about 2 1/2 hours I guess. We got 2 beach chairs with the thatch top. We got free drinks for the whole time and we got lunch. Burger and FF for me. I just figured 8 drinks, lunch, chairs and transportation to and from the ship was worth the $70-80. The Snorkel maybe not. You know excursions are all over priced but overall I was not disappointed.

I also said on a return trip I would just go to the Cove and rent the chairs and buy food and drinks. It was a nice place.

Thanks for the clarification. I get it now. :)

• 8 months later...
Ok I confused you.

Maybe a stupid question, but can we just walk to the beach and get chairs and umbrellas? We want to shop a little and then sit at the beach. I know the beaches on Barbados are free, so we would just have to pay for the chairs/umbrellas. If we wanted to eat we could, or do with have to do a deal just to go there? I will be traveling with my two grand children ages 1 and 3, so if I do any snorkeling, it'll be on my own

www.piratescovebarbados.com

You can pay $8 each for chair rentals and shared umbrellas, or you can choose one of the package deals for ship wreck snorkeling, swimming with the turtles, etc. Cab fare each way should be about $5 per person unless you book the transport package, or you can walk from the port in about 20-30 min.