Amber Cove Accessibility

LinVirginia

There are free pedicabs available

that are just beside the gangway as you exit the ship. The drivers are friendly locals and will deliver you right to the entrance to Amber Cove, and will be available to return you to the ship when you are ready. They do expect a well deserved tip (each way)😊

The dock is certainly walkable , (guessing .3 of a mile) but seems to get longer in the heat carrying a tote, etc.

It's a nice service the port provides.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was disappointed about how far we had to walk to the taxis after the pedicab let us off at the immigration area. If you really have walking/breathing problems, see if you can negotiate a ride to the taxi area. I would recommend $10 if you get pedaled there!

• 2 months later...
How far is the walk from the pedicab drop off to the where the private excursions pick you up?
We didn't take a private excursion, but I think they were gathering the excursion groups as soon as you stepped outside the duty free shop and into the shopping plaza. Since access to the entire port area is regulated, I'll take a guess and say they load up for excursions in the same area as the taxis. That's on the opposite end of the shopping complex from the duty free shop, under a pavilion. About 1/8th of a mile.

From what I have read, only Carnival excursions are in the taxi area, private must leave the gate and walk to the highway, wondering how far this is?
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about Carnival excursions. If private excursions do in fact have to walk to the highway, it's just under half a mile from the duty free shop, through the plaza, and down the entry road to the highway. We didn't see anyone walking to the highway or any vehicles picking anyone up at the highway.

I made this to cover some of the questions that have been asked about where things are.

TyIdaxuFfn03GylKQCxX123u-st5tqrf0uAOHcz1C1NRq5ac6gol4dzdjAaCw1mvPnZuucWjEG6jxY5qLV13R3bEsPNyrrTwNzEpXY4Cn5sxwNx1DPLlVJOfPC8oieVqVtRAjXEw0jSolxb-mB68z0N7s7S-LP8nwmQdSzEa-JhGbR6sAAZXylvkIWhDPsPE9YDD-lmxz97-x-9LVUxZtaoPo2uXorphw8lCK42yaB3_JNJjte5inRvRSGv6760NDgCYXoXb_I0JRD3hM5jB6wVGMPGjOC4pt8H-gAStC_mjpvP9BUpgNB0hZQXW3olbR0Sywd5TDYCqBxCiLlxKLbXWnIW-b9HU8KfKDBH4QeZH0PMGIu9uIOFv64Qd9T_7zBodYWXChmUDVol5Nq0gI_2Ah9Jeg_uhzjMuCyvkOelIUbfMz0ZuY5E73tYv6ySQDu99x_MJx326pgJeqvfrWif4CEo705eqwtdufRXHAvRnRR-Ck8SDC3YmQhHdY-d97PiZlIUuoNk0bhFCcYlnKt8gaRBYXeIqDgdMQmnwMGPh18q4oPdtNs_esVmPabpoV3096FcYqIqrJ2kN9N4njJJMaoNicS1c5OP2gRI=w1680-h870-no?.jpg

1) This is where the pedal cabs drop you off.

2) The duty free shop.

3) Entry to the walkway leading to the pool area.

4) Shopping plaza.

5) Pavilion for taxi/excursion pick up.

6) Front gate.

When we were there a couple weeks ago, they posted a couple guards out on the highway in the entry lane to the port. They checked all of our S&S cards. There were a couple more guards at the gate, but they waved us through.

The walk from where the pedicabs drop you off to the main road where they pick you up for private excursions is about 15-20 minutes at a slow walk pace

It’s a shame that they don’t take you farther but as Carnival owns this port, they likely control the pedicabs and don’t allow them to go beyond a certain point

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth