Leaving golf clubs in trunk when visiting Iolani Palace

Crazy planning mom

I doubt that 80% of cars in Honolulu are rental cars and I think you will be parking in a garage that is not just used by tourists. Just put your clubs in the trunk before leaving the hotel, don't open the trunk after you park to add something and you should be fine. I, personally, have never had a problem with car theft in Hawaii but it is good to be careful. We have two young adult children who live or have lived in Hawaii and they always say that if you park in a tourist area, leave your window cracked so that if someone wants in they do not break the window. The Iolani Palace is one of my favorite places to visit. Have fun, Cherie

Probably fine...but thieves DO target rental cars in Hawaii...about 80% of the cars are rentals there...

Same old bum scoop you have been saying for years, and I even did the math to prove you wrong by a huge factor. Absolutely false statement.

My golf clubs stay in the trunk almost exclusively...only go into condo/hotel when they need to be packed for flight home.

Is this safe to do if I park in the Ali garage

No one can tell you "they'll be fine" or "don't worry" since there are car break-ins on Oahu.

I do think a break-in is less likely in Downtown than some of the tourist areas like Hanauma Bay and the Blowhole, but the risk is still there.