Silver Whisper (and other ships) Itinerary Change Questions

jeno

I am with a group on the Dec 6 Silver Whisper from Barbados. We haven't heard about an itinerary update after the hurricanes or if we are possibly cancelled due to dry dock or renovations. Has an update to itineraries on the Silver Whisper or other ships cruising around that time been given yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Whisper dry dock is in December 2018. As for itinerary: Hurricane season is not yet over, and two months is a goodly amount of time to repair any modest damage to islands currently on the itinerary. Barring more punishment from mother nature, I think it is highly unlikely that your cruise will be canceled. I think that some patience will be in order regarding possible adjustments in your itinerary.

2 months would be enough to repair any modest damage I'd agree. But this itinerary takes in Dominica, St Marteen, St Barts, BVI, and Grand Turk (as well as Samana, Bridgetown and Ft Lauderdale) which were a bit more than modestly damaged!

Cruises to the Caribbean on SS start at the beginning of November, so I expect there won't be any news until nearer then unless specific ports are still definitely not open for traffic.

So sad for these Islands and the population. They obviously need as much revenue as they can get, so fingers crossed for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the 11/2 Whisper NY to Barbados sailing and received an itinerary change today. Initial schedule (day at sea, Bermuda for 2 nights, day at sea) remains unchanged. St Maarten (originally an overnight) has been eliminated and the next 2 ports, St Barts and Antigua, moved up a day and slightly shortened. A new port, Grenada, was then inserted and the remainder of the itinerary (St Lucia and disembarkation in Barbados) remain as initially planned. The itinerary is updated in My Silversea, but the shore excursions are not. I suspect you will hear about your cruise imminently.

The new itinerary is showing under my.silversea.com as we are also on this cruise. Haven't had any official information but this is what is showing:

6th Dec - depart 6pm

7th Dec - St George's Grenada 8am to 11pm

8th Dec - Bequia 8am to 7pm - Formal night

9th Dec - Martinique 8am to 6pm

10th Dec - St Barts 10am to 11pm

11th Dec - Antiqua 8am to 6pm

12th Dec - St Thomas 8am to 6pm - Formal night

13th Dec - Samana 12pm to 7pm

14th Dec - Grand Turks 9am to 4pm

15th Dec - Day at sea

16th Dec - Fort Lauderdale 9am debarkation

And for quick reference was: