does the photo package include the SHIP USB thumb drive?

dizlove

Just got back from cruise on Ruby Princess and I purchased the 99.00 package. You get a CD with your pictures. We did get some nice portraits and also you get a frame. I feel it was worth the price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So no ship shaped flash drive? How many pictures did you end up with at the end of the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our friends bought the package prior to their Regal cruise. They said they had 73 photos that they took home. The boat flash drive has all the photos added to it.

By the way we got our flash drive while on the Ruby in Dec. Bought two boarding photos and it is given free. Any photos we purchased or our adult kids, they put on the flash drive for us. later we printed up from the flash drive and photos were just as sharp as the original ones purchased.

The Boat flash drive can be used again on any Princess ship and when you purchase a photo hand it to them to add that photo.

We just did that on the Regal.

we are just off the Regal... purchased the photo package pre-cruise for $99.... we got 96 pictures printed 8x10 (a couple were 8x8)... they do have an ID on them that needs to be trimmed.

The package DOES include the digital files, however they are small resolution files (500k) you can get decent prints from these, but the NEF files and larger files sizes are not available...

i worked with one of the photographers, and the camera is shooting a jpeg file only not saving a very large file, post printing, the file gets saved in the smallest format.,

hope this helps

Our friends bought the package prior to their Regal cruise. They said they had 73 photos that they took home. The boat flash drive has all the photos added to it.

By the way we got our flash drive while on the Ruby in Dec. Bought two boarding photos and it is given free. Any photos we purchased or our adult kids, they put on the flash drive for us. later we printed up from the flash drive and photos were just as sharp as the original ones purchased.

The Boat flash drive can be used again on any Princess ship and when you purchase a photo hand it to them to add that photo.

We just did that on the Regal.

Have also a flash drive from previous cruise. New info for me on new photo being added on old drive. Thanks.

So just to clarify - with the $99 pre-purchased or $199 on board purchased photo packages, you get all the photos printed plus all the photos on a cd or flash drive.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

All of my photos from my January SA cruise are on a flash drive. Yes you get all of the photos including the flash drive.

Remember that going to all of the stations on the ship will be a challenge especially if you have early seating for dinner & you have other people ahead of you in line at the photo station.

Keep your flash drive with you so when you pick up any photos they can be loaded right away. A tip....Some places at the photo department are faster for loading if you have a number of photos.

Tom😀

We purchased the photo package prior to our cruise for $99. I think it is a great deal. We usually buy at least 2 or 3 photos on a cruise and this covered the cost and allowed us to experiment a bit. We only totaled about 35 photos, but I ran into people that had over 150 taken. The Ship Thumbdrive is included and is 8 Gigs. The ship ads said this offer ended on February 28, but hopefully it will be renewed.

The deal is per cabin. Their ad states it is only good for the people in that cabin, but we had a photo of six of us taken (three cabins) and they gave it to us.

One caution, be sure to check your thumbdrive in a computer if possible. When I arrived home six of our photos on the thumbdrive were not readable. I have the prints and can scan them.

Although you are given the jpg files on a thumbdrive, I did not receive a release. Some photo shops will NOT reproduce photos that appear professional without a release. I print my own, so no problem

The Platinum photos are not included in the package, but every photographer will ask you to make an appointment for a "no cost" sitting. We cancelled twice, but finally gave in and had the sitting. We bought a single 8X10 which was $150. You have until the end of the cruise to cancel the order. We tried to cancel, but it never went through, so we got stuck.

The Platinum photos, IMHO, are not worth it. The photographer didn't even make sure our hair was in place. I was not impressed at all.

We just got back from our Hawaii cruise and used the $99 package. It worked really well for us. Today I got online to purchase the pkg again for our next cruise and it is listed at $199. So no photos for us this time.

We are going on a cruise with another couple. They bought the $99 special and prior to purchasing asked if we'd like to split it. I hadn't looked into it but of course it sounded great. I started to realize we can't possibly split it as it will only be for pictures they are in.

So, my question (since I already paid them) is if we are all 4 in pictures or one of them and one of us will that be included?

Thank you.

We are going on a cruise with another couple. They bought the $99 special and prior to purchasing asked if we'd like to split it. I hadn't looked into it but of course it sounded great. I started to realize we can't possibly split it as it will only be for pictures they are in.

So, my question (since I already paid them) is if we are all 4 in pictures or one of them and one of us will that be included?

Thank you.

In the Royal Princess photo gallery a promotion poster stated that only people in the same cabin are included in the package. But, we had a photo with two other couples and they gave it to us.

Do the thumb drives contain compressed or full size files suitable for significant blowup?

I didn't even think about checking that. They are jpg files and averaging only about 600k, so definitely not full resolution. Also, they are the full put together photos with the frames and all, not the originals. I did get one of the originals when I mentioned that I had a picture taken but couldn't find the print. They did a search for me and the plain photo was just over 2MB.

That is kind of disappointing.

Last week on the Ruby Princess on the Mexican Riviera itinerary, they offered on board, a photo package for $149.00 which includes 10 photos of your choice and a USB stick with these 10 photos. It can be a combination of your formal photos and/or the port photos they take when you disembark at each port.

Or, you can purchase the all inclusive photo package for only $199.00 which includes ALL the photos taken during your cruise and a USB stick with these photos on it. The photos on the USB stick are high quality and can be used to print 10 x 12 inch prints.

Also, Princess has reduced the price of the individual photos from when we last cruised with them in November 2015. Current prices are $20.00 each for the formal pictures and $10.00 each for the port pictures.

Paul

I wonder if the prices vary per ship. The 8x10 from formal night was $25 on the cruise we just got home from 2 weeks ago.

Also, I don't know if it was a special promotion or what ,but our package also came with Shutterfly coupons for "free" not including shipping 8x8 photo book, playing cards, tote bag, and something else I can't currently remember.

In the Royal Princess photo gallery a promotion poster stated that only people in the same cabin are included in the package. But, we had a photo with two other couples and they gave it to us.

They let me get a Panama Canal group shot with my package even though I wasn't positive it was me.

We just used this package on the Regal, we had a group of 7 of us (4 cabins), and as long as my DH or I was in the photo, we were able to get it - so we got some really nice photos of the entire group. Also, when you get quite a few, they don't even look at the photos - they just layer them so they can see all the barcodes, scan them quickly and voila - you have all the photos on the thumb drive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

3 weeks out from our cruise and the $99 package is no longer available. The offer is now for a $199 all inclusive package that says saves $50 by pre purchasing?

The $99 special was just that, a special that ended at the end of February.

Looks like the on-board price has been raised to $249. Princess is still experimenting to find what they will consider to be the best price point.

The Platinum photos are not included in the package, but every photographer will ask you to make an appointment for a "no cost" sitting. We cancelled twice, but finally gave in and had the sitting. We bought a single 8X10 which was $150. You have until the end of the cruise to cancel the order. We tried to cancel, but it never went through, so we got stuck.

The Platinum photos, IMHO, are not worth it. The photographer didn't even make sure our hair was in place. I was not impressed at all.

Part of the high price is that they will do touch up work on the hair if necessary before printing the photo and mailing it to you.

Also, looks like the price came down. An 8x10 was $199 on a cruise we were on two years ago.

The $99 package is no longer available on my 2017 Alaska cruise on the Star. On the Princess site it talks about a $50 price cut pre-cruise, but still shows $199.

Edited by RBAlbany
Mis-spelled

The $99 package is no longer available on my 2017 Alaska cruise on the Star. On the Princess site it talks about a $50 price cut pre-cruise, but still shows $199.

Same thing with mine on the Coral

The $99 special was just that, a special that ended at the end of February.

Looks like the on-board price has been raised to $249. Princess is still experimenting to find what they will consider to be the best price point.

VERY glad I got in before the price jump. Thanks to CC for the heads up for me to grab it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums