Southampton Premier Inns

I have a question about Southampton Premier Inns. I want to book the Premier Inn West Quay where I have stayed before. I have checked several times trying to book it for August 28 and keep getting the result that it is full. At the same time it brings up another hotel called Premier Inn Cumberland Place. As near as I can find out this is a brand new hotel but I can’t tell if it is open yet. It looks fairly close to West Quay. When I looked there was no information about it on Trip Advisor.

Does anyone know anything about this hotel or about why the Premier Inn West Quay is completely booked? Is the Cumberland Place open? How far is it from the cruise terminal? If anyone has stayed there would they recommend it? Also, does anyone know an email address for the Premier Inn West Quay? I would like to email them to make sure they are full on the date I want.

It was a traditional 3-star hotel, called the Southampton Park Hotel.

Acquired by Premier Inns a couple of years ago & has been massively remodelled, unrecognisable from the old hotel.

The location is about as convenient as Premier Inn City Centre (aka New Street) - handy for the city centre, walkable to old-town & the West Quay Mall but not as convenient as Premier Inn West Quay, and needs a taxi to cruise terminals.

I've checked out Premier Inn West Quay on Premier Inns' own website, yes it's showing fully-booked for your date.

JB :)

The odd thing is that it shows rates on the 28th in the +/-3 days search, rather than sold out, but doesn’t show any availability if you click through. I don’t know why that would be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Probably a minimum stay requirement - you can only book if you reserve with the day before and/ or the day after.

The odd thing is that it shows rates on the 28th in the +/-3 days search, rather than sold out, but doesn’t show any availability if you click through. I don’t know why that would be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very strange. :confused:

Yes, West Quay shows availability on 28th if booked for two nights 27th + 28th or 28th + 29th, but not for just 28th

Minimum stays aren't the norm for Premier Inns, both Cumberland Place and City Centre are available for that single night, and West Quay is available for other single nights.

Aug 28th is the day after the bank holiday, I can find no significant public events in Southampton around that date, & there's plenty of hotel availability (and at usual rates) in the city on that date.

Perhaps a block-booking for a conference or somesuch?

Or just a computer glitch?

JB :confused: