Infinity Decisions

CaptFantastic

Hi everyone,

I'm booking a cruise on the Infinity for March 2019 and I'm struggling with making a cabin decision. I've only been on a handful of cruises, usually in "regular" balcony rooms, 1A or 1B, etc.

This time, I have a choice between the following:

C1 aft. I've never had an aft view and people seem to love them. Cabin 7208 for example.

C1 on deck 6. The famous 6144/6143 that people also love.

Sky Suite 1, but not one of the unusual/special ones, this one is 6128 for example. This one is about $700 ($350 each) more if my math is correct (CDN dollars).

I thought I'd put it out there to the more experienced cruisers to see what kind of response I'd get. Can you let me know which you would choose and a brief explanation why?

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be any farther ahead on a decision since, after reading this board, people seem to like all 3.

This cruise is a 7 day, western Caribbean. 2 sea days.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi everyone,

I'm booking a cruise on the Infinity for March 2019 and I'm struggling with making a cabin decision. I've only been on a handful of cruises, usually in "regular" balcony rooms, 1A or 1B, etc.

This time, I have a choice between the following:

C1 aft. I've never had an aft view and people seem to love them. Cabin 7208 for example.

C1 on deck 6. The famous 6144/6143 that people also love.

Sky Suite 1, but not one of the unusual/special ones, this one is 6128 for example. This one is about $700 ($350 each) more if my math is correct (CDN dollars).

I thought I'd put it out there to the more experienced cruisers to see what kind of response I'd get. Can you let me know which you would choose and a brief explanation why?

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be any farther ahead on a decision since, after reading this board, people seem to like all 3.

This cruise is a 7 day, western Caribbean. 2 sea days.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Although all these cabins are great, I always go for the Aft Balcony. The balcony is much larger than what is available for most of the other cabins. If you want to enjoy your balcony (and the Caribbean is great for that), you will especially love the view from the back of the ship. We always have two lounge chairs and a table which gives you a great extension of your balcony.

Also, you are only a few decks away from any food and beverages you may want. Hope you have a great cruise, no matter which cabin you choose.

Enjoy!

For that price difference I’d opt for the suite; I love the suite perks - you really feel pampered. The C1s are awesome on M-Class though, so if you don’t think you’d get a lot of use out of the main suite perks (Luminae, Michael’s, a butler, larger interior space - though the S1’s will have a MUCH smaller balcony than a C1, priority debakrkation and tendering, extra Captain Club points - these are the perks I enjoy) but plan to spend lots of time balcony, save a little $$$ and do the C1. No wrong choice; you have great options.

C1 has a huge veranda. Breakfast on the veranda is great as you watch the wake or the ship arrive or depart.

We have done a Suite on the Infinity & the veranda is quite small, fortunately we were cruising Antarctica so we didn’t plan to be on sitting the veranda😆

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Also thanks in advance for anyone else who posts.

I was leaning toward the aft C1 but I think I'll go with the sky suite. I'd like to try out the perks and usually the suites are out of my price comfort zone......C1's can be steep as well, but I figure they're usually more affordable so I can try one another time.

I'll keep my eye open for one with a larger balcony.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

We had an aft balcony on infinity in November 2016 as a ruby wedding anniversary treat when we did the Panama Canal transit from Miami to San Diego

The aft balcony was huge 4 large seats and large table and we also had 2 sun loungers on the balcony

The balcony had a canopy and an open area, covered area was great as it was raining heavily as we did our final part of the canal and we could still sit under the canopy out of the rain and enjoy the transit.

It was also lovely having a private area to enjoy our sun loungers.

You will hear a bit of music from the sunset bar however we did not find this bothered us.

Hope this helps - would love an aft balcony again on a cruise - however would depend on a good deal

I would do the suite as you get all 4 perks and the bevy package is premium, plus the regular suite perks (Michael's club etc). For $350pp it's a no brainer for me.

Yes

Same cruise with a suite as the price is reasonable and has all the perks and want to try the suite life.

The M class balconies are very narrow and there are no footstools in CC or AQ

For $100/ day for all perks and suite is almost a wash

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I figured I'd get half saying one thing and half the other. When I looked again all the sky suites were booked so I grabbed an aft C1. The other suites are a bit out of range seeing as I'll hsve just cruised the Nov before.

I've never had an aft room so I'd like to see if it lives up tp the hype.

Some of the bigger C1's on deck 6 are also available so I might change, but most likely won't.

Now I just need to watch for a drydock schedule and hope its not cancelled.

Chris