Sandals Nassau

johnlisac

So far, I've done it twice. Once in Jamaica and once in Aruba.

Let me qualify this by saying that I have stayed at many AI's throughout the Caribbean and we enjoy them very much.

Having said that, both times that we have purchased day passes at AI's while cruising,,,, we really felt uncomfortable and out of place. It was never "our" resort to do as we please. Yea, the service was fine,. the drinks and the food was good, nobody made us feel as though we didn't belong,,, it was just different. Plus the hours are off. I mean the timeframe that you are there as a cruiser is just different from when the activities begin as an AI guest.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been to sandals but I’ve heard great things about it. Melia is where I went last August and it’s right near sandals (can’t remember which came first). We took the jitney. Anyway, at just about $45, with no food or drinks included, I thought it was a nice day. We aren’t very needy travelers and we preferred to eat at a less tourist location.

I’m rambling...I’ll be in Nassau again this coming August and am looking to do the Warwick, Sandals, or Melia. If Baha Mar is offering day passes, I would jump on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be in Nassau this year and looking into day resorts as well. I'm following your responses. I'm following all the separate threads! Seems to me if you are drinking it makes the most sense for Sandals? Its the only one that includes unlimited drinks....and unlimited food, the others either don't include food or are just vouchers for a certain amount of food. I haven't seen any others with drinks at all? Are you finding anything else with drinks included?

Edited by scubamommy!

We will be in Nassau this year and looking into day resorts as well. I'm following your responses. I'm following all the separate threads! Seems to me if you are drinking it makes the most sense for Sandals? Its the only one that includes unlimited drinks....and unlimited food, the others either don't include food or are just vouchers for a certain amount of food. I haven't seen any others with drinks at all? Are you finding anything else with drinks included?

RIU and Breezes is unlimited food and drink.

Thank you! I will look them both up! Have you been to any of them? Favorite?

I haven’t been to Breezes, but for a day pass, I’d just go with the cheapest, you are just there for a few hours to use the beach and pool, who cares if the rooms are dated. We almost went to Breezes, but it was during one of their graduation weeks advertised to high school seniors.