Stingrays without reservations

Chardo

I personally don't see why you would want to go without reservation when there are a few very well recommended ones here that are much cheaper and better IMHO than the cruise one. Are you worried you may change your mind last minute? Nativeway and Captain Marvin are mentioned the most here.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

I personally don't see why you would want to go without reservation when there are a few very well recommended ones here that are much cheaper and better IMHO than the cruise one. Are you worried you may change your mind last minute? Nativeway and Captain Marvin are mentioned the most here.

And those are two that I would likely use. Do they require reservations, or accept walkups? Not sure of my plans.

Both require reservation y two experiences with Nativeway is that they never required deposits with reservations. You pay the captain at the end of the trip. Many people do use the ones that you see as soon as you walk up that dont require reservations. In my experience of this board, those who do walk ups are not the types who also frequent these boards as the CC crowds are typically over planners like myself.

• 4 weeks later...

honestly we have never had an advanced reservation for Stingray City and we have always just gotten off the boat and picked up a tour once out of the tender village. One time it didn't pan out great as the tours all left too late to be able to get beach time after but otherwise we usually pay $25pp and get a snorkel and Stingrays plus they will drop you off on 7 mile beach afterwards if you want beach time.

• 1 month later...
honestly we have never had an advanced reservation for Stingray City and we have always just gotten off the boat and picked up a tour once out of the tender village. One time it didn't pan out great as the tours all left too late to be able to get beach time after but otherwise we usually pay $25pp and get a snorkel and Stingrays plus they will drop you off on 7 mile beach afterwards if you want beach time.

Curious when the last time was that you did this? This year?

You don't need a reservation - there will be plenty of vendors at the port for you to book with. We did this last year and had no issues and had a great trip!

Great. Did the times work out? We are in port from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. so I assume the last tender is at 3:30 p.m.

Keep in mind there are days when there are seven or more ships in port (anchored)

If this is something you really want to do I would make a reservation.

Keith

Good point, Keith. There will be five ships in port when we are in GC a week from Tuesday.

Great. Did the times work out? We are in port from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. so I assume the last tender is at 3:30 p.m.

We got off the tender, spoke with a vendor, waited about 15 min for others to join, then immediately left the port for the excursion. We were back in plenty of time to walk around the port and get back on the tender.

We got off the tender, spoke with a vendor, waited about 15 min for others to join, then immediately left the port for the excursion. We were back in plenty of time to walk around the port and get back on the tender.

Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

Wondering if anyone can offer me any advice, I would like to do a stingray city tour preferably one that isn't really full of people, but I don't want a tour that includes snorkelling as only my eldest daughter likes snorkelling. I would like to see a bit of GC as well, do any tour operators do a tour that combines both? I've been googling like mad :-) Thought I had found one but can't find it now.

Wondering if anyone can offer me any advice, I would like to do a stingray city tour preferably one that isn't really full of people, but I don't want a tour that includes snorkelling as only my eldest daughter likes snorkelling. I would like to see a bit of GC as well, do any tour operators do a tour that combines both? I've been googling like mad :-) Thought I had found one but can't find it now.

Snorkeling is only about 15 minutes. We stayed on the boat while our kids jumped in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Check out Soto's Cruises. My wife and I have used them 3 times. Small boat great people, never rushed. Good price for Sting Rays and snorkeling. Jim