Carnival Inspiration

lbfluffy

We are more than likely going to book this cruise for the October 16th sailing. Just a short cruise before we do our big Hawaii cruise. Anyway we checked the OV cabins and we were offered an upgrade to the empress deck category 6D. I noticed many are under the dining room or galley. Is it better down to the upper deck so that we are sandwiched between decks? Our friends are in E111 and E117 and we kind of wanted to be near them.Thanks

Avoid being under the galley.

We had an aft facing OV on Empress, under the MDR. Never heard a thing from above.

Look at the deck plans to figure out the cabin locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm booked for the Empress deck on imagination next month. I have also heard the reviews of noise, but my GF insists we book the highest floor possible lol. Didn't feel like reminding her that our last cruise we booked the level below and they were all booked for this sailing anyways. I bought ear plugs just in case we do hear noise from the theater. From what I have read you might hear chairs drag on the floor from the dining room. I am actually 1/2 deaf so I could care less. Sleep on my "good" side and I am OUT. Have a fun trip!

I vote for being on Empress deck. I was in E98(6E) on the Fantasy back in December. It was under the midship dining room. I didn't hear a thing from the dining room above. The advantage to being on Empress deck instead of Upper deck is that you can use the atrium elevators to get to any of the decks you want to be on. I was in a midship GS on Sensation, and I quickly learned that the midship elevators don't go to the Lido deck(they would be in a hot tub if they did). Getting around was a pain.

Not every 6E is quiet however. I was in E62 on the Inspiration. It was very convenient for getting to the atrium elevators and for embarkation and debarkation. Unfortunately I could hear every concert in the atrium. The kids in Circle C above decided to jump around one night, although that didn't bother me as much as the atrium music. I could hear every word without getting out of bed.

Well we chose upper deck, room U149. We were offered an upgrade from 6A to 6D for the same price. Thanks for your help.

Good choice.

We were in U154 a few times on several of her sisters. Only issue we had was the smell of roasting garlic around 4am. No idea why, it was rather odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are more than likely going to book this cruise for the October 16th sailing. Just a short cruise before we do our big Hawaii cruise. Anyway we checked the OV cabins and we were offered an upgrade to the empress deck category 6D. I noticed many are under the dining room or galley. Is it better down to the upper deck so that we are sandwiched between decks? Our friends are in E111 and E117 and we kind of wanted to be near them.Thanks

In between is best.

In between is best.

That's what I figured. I remember one cruise we were under a club. It was bad. But I chose a guarantee so that was the chance I took. I still slept fine, the music wasn't my style.

Well we chose upper deck, room U149. We were offered an upgrade from 6A to 6D for the same price. Thanks for your help.

I stayed in this exact cabin in 2015. Didn't hear anything from above or below. Happy sailing!

We're on Inspiration now, Deck 5 Main deck. Very quiet except for all the preteens running sprints up and down the hallways... lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL :) ...And their parent(s) trying to keep up!! (i.e., me...far behind my nine-year-old!)

We're on Inspiration now, Deck 5 Main deck. Very quiet except for all the preteens running sprints up and down the hallways... lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do you like the ship? This was a quick trip before our 15 day Hawaii cruise.

About what time did they let you board? I don't want to invest in the faster to the fun.

Jessica