What Has Happened to Newport in 2014

Blackrobe

Holland America has Newport on its itinerary for 2014 but Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have all seemed to drop Newport next year. Anybody have any information concerning the change?

Holland America has Newport on its itinerary for 2014 but Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have all seemed to drop Newport next year. Anybody have any information concerning the change?

Don't have an answer to your question but will be there next June on the Crystal Symphony.

Nancy

We've stopped at Newport a couple of times. As wonderful a port as Newport is, a lot of folks don't like having to tender and I would not be surprised if based on comment sheets, and folks remarks about having to tender in, some lines have opted of other ports where they can dock.

I thought the new ships with the Royal C. were going to leave out of Newport?

They haven't told me other wise.

We loved our calls in Newport on Maasdam and would enjoy visiting there agin. HAL used to do a 7 day Boston to Boston cruise which included Newport but have not done that for a while.

Archived