Has anyone done these excursions?

I’m looking to do the swimming with dolphins in Cozumel at the chankanaab national park. Has anyone done this excursion through the cruise? It seems like a pretty good deal with all the activities. Is it okay for kids to do?

Also the roller coaster ride in their private island labadee, is this fun? It’ll be our first time to this location and want to make sure we hit the highlights

TIA

I’m looking to do the swimming with dolphins in Cozumel at the chankanaab national park. Has anyone done this excursion through the cruise? It seems like a pretty good deal with all the activities. Is it okay for kids to do?

Also the roller coaster ride in their private island labadee, is this fun? It’ll be our first time to this location and want to make sure we hit the highlights

TIA

We have done the dolphin experience and had a wonderful time! I don't know the ages of your kids, but I'm sure they'd have a great time. The roller coaster ride is also a lot of fun!

Enjoy!

We have done the dolphin experience and had a wonderful time! I don't know the ages of your kids, but I'm sure they'd have a great time. The roller coaster ride is also a lot of fun!

Enjoy!

That’s awesome to hear! Thanks! And the kids are 9 and 13

We did the dolphin experience about three years ago. At the time, my granddaughter was six. She throughly enjoyed it.

One negative. You can’t take pictures at the excursion area where you interact with the dolphins. You have to buy their pictures. And they’re pretty pricey.

TIA

The roller coaster is fun.

Not to preach but no way I would do a dolphin tour. And after seeing a few of the places in the islands I’m flabbergasted that people actually support this type of cruelty to animals. It is very sad that people take part in this. Sorry. I just feel really bad for animals in captivity in general but I understand and accepts accredited zoos. However, these unregulated/unaccredited places are beyond the pale.

Dolphin push, pull, swim through cruise was awesome. You also pet a manatee and have enough free time to see the sea lion show and swim for a bit. It's a pricey excursion, but well worth the money. Yes, if you want photos you must buy theirs, but I planned ahead of time to select just one to purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dolphin push, pull, swim through cruise was awesome. You also pet a manatee and have enough free time to see the sea lion show and swim for a bit. It's a pricey excursion, but well worth the money. Yes, if you want photos you must buy theirs, but I planned ahead of time to select just one to purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For purchasing the pictures do you remember how much it cost? Could we select just a couple or do we have to buy the whole bundle?

The roller coaster is fun.

Not to preach but no way I would do a dolphin tour. And after seeing a few of the places in the islands I’m flabbergasted that people actually support this type of cruelty to animals. It is very sad that people take part in this. Sorry. I just feel really bad for animals in captivity in general but I understand and accepts accredited zoos. However, these unregulated/unaccredited places are beyond the pale.

Totally Agree!

6 in my party of 14 did the Chankanaab excursion less than 2 weeks ago and they all loved it. Kids in mid 20s to 40 and grandkids 5 and 7. I have always been against dolphin excursions and after seeing the pics, I am rethinking the experience.

For purchasing the pictures do you remember how much it cost? Could we select just a couple or do we have to buy the whole bundle?

Ours were about $100. For two people probably had 30 shots. Yes, you can buy just one if you like. You can see the swim area from shore but would not be able to photograph from there without a really long lens, and generally the swimmers are facing away from shore.

You also get access to the swimming pool and all the Chankanaab activities. If you have your own snorkel gear you can use it after the tour (you get a couple of hours free time). They also rent snorkel and dive gear there. Pretty nice park although normal admission is around $21US. It is probably easier and cheaper to book the dolphin activity direct (includes admission) and just take a cab down there. Then you don't have to stay with the group and go back to the ship early.

Look at doing Chankanaab on your own, it is a short taxi ride and there is so much to do there. They have an internet coupon that saves $2 pp. I love Chankanaab and have enjoyed swimming with the manatees, the sea lion show, snorkeling, tequila tasting, ziplining, and the walking rail.