Spa on Westerdam

Dhodgson-6

I'm new to this cruise thing and am really overwhelmed by it all. We are taking my husbands 80 yo parents to Denali 2 days and the cruising from Seward to Vancouver. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. What all is there at the spa? I saw the heated loungers, do you have to buy a package for those? Is anything free at the spa? Thanks in advance for any help!:oclear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727:)

The ceramic heated loungers are part of a package that you can purchase that includes use of the Hydrotherapy Pool. The Pool contains warm, close to body temperature mineral water with lots of bubbly, bubbly action due to jets of air along the sides of the pool. A stainless steel rack that is shaped to curve to one's body is at one end of the pool. A whirlpool is in the center of the pool near two curved neck faucets that produce a strong flow of water for an upper body/head massage. In the room where the heated beds are located are saunas and aromatherapy showers. Locker rooms are nearby with individual showers and plenty of room to change clothes. The cost varies with the length of the cruise and sometimes a day pass may be purchased.

For me, it is an important amenity for ships that have it. I truly enjoy it and consider worth every penny I pay for it.

Lots of spa services are available, but none are free.

Thank you so much rkacruiser! Good to know. Do you know about how much it costs?

No, I am sorry that I cannot provide the current price. My most recent experience was on the Nieuw Amsterdam and I disembarked in January, 2017. The price may have changed since then.

Contacting Ship Services at HAL in Seattle may provide you with more current pricing. But, if interested in booking this, during Embarkation, visit the Spa. I have found a special price may be available on that day or for the next day (or more if on a long cruise).

I purchase the spa package most every time I cruise. I like the extra space it provides when the cabin starts to feel a bit small. Around the bubble pool are relaxing loungers. it's very quiet and relaxing. I never see kids there. in the locker room there are showers which come in handy as well, which means one person can be getting ready in the room while the other is showering at the spa. on rare occasions it gets a bit busy but most folks don't stay that long. I have usually paid $150 for one person on a seven day cruise.

Thanks to all of you for your helpfulness in answering this post. I (like the OP) am new to HAL, although we have cruised often on other lines. And we are in the midst of planning/anticipating a HAL cruise from Vancouver to Seward aboard the Westerdam in late July. The spa pass is something I'm only hearing about on the boards and it sounds like something I'd really enjoy. A couple more questions: does HAL limit the number of spa passes sold? (in other words, is it going to be a crowded situation most days?) and can the spa pass be purchased ahead of time online? Or only once I am aboard?

Thanks in advance for your patience in answering questions from this HAL newbie--:):)

Full cruise Spa passes are limited..it varies by class of ship. Day passes are sold IF full cruise spa passes are not sold out and on occasion during some port days when the spa is usually under utilised.

You can purchase spa passes in advance via ship services but we have found a lower price when purchasing on the first day at the Spa.

The spa staff gives tours on embarkation day. they will show you around and you can decide based on what you see. I've reserved in advance and I've purchased on the ship. sometimes it is priced less once on board. I've only rarely seen it crowded. most of the time there are only a few people and sometimes there is no one and you have it all to yourself.

• 2 months later...