Pier in Port Everglades

djhsolara

We were at Pier 26 today and it looked like they are tearing down the pier next to it. I’m guess that is for a redo??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the buildings at the end of that pier were torn down in the Fall, incl. Burt Reynolds' former restaurant. Something new and improved is coming there

Yes, the buildings at the end of that pier were torn down in the Fall, incl. Burt Reynolds' former restaurant. Something new and improved is coming there

What I’m talking about is still in the process of being torn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Burt's and Jack's Restaurant at the end of that pier has been gone for a long time. Not sure, but I think increased port security prevented the general public from just driving in and dining there. I had one chance to do so and it was an excellent dining venue. Very good food and service (with a price to match) and of course a killer view of the port.

Terminal 25 was in very great need of renovation. Celebrity Eclipse used that terminal when I sailed with her. Embarkation was OK, but disembarkation, claiming luggage, Customs and Immigration, and getting a taxi were the worst I have ever experienced at any port. Celebrity's CEO admitted to me in a letter sent after I complained that the terminal situation was poor. Port Everglades is preparing this terminal for the arrival of Celebrity Edge.

Here’s one article on Terminal 25. https://ftnnews.com/cruise-travel/31810-port-everglades-cruise-terminal-25-to-be-renovated.html. This article doesn’t mention it but in another article the cost was around $100M and it sounded more like they were going to pretty much replace the existing terminal rather than just spruce it up.

Here’s one article on Terminal 25. https://ftnnews.com/cruise-travel/31810-port-everglades-cruise-terminal-25-to-be-renovated.html. This article doesn’t mention it but in another article the cost was around $100M and it sounded more like they were going to pretty much replace the existing terminal rather than just spruce it up.

"Sprucing it up" is not what was needed. Disembarking from the ship at Terminal 25, one had a long walk to Terminals 22/24 at the very end of the pier to get the luggage, go through Customs, etc. Even when in Terminal 22/24, there was a long, snaking line to get to the luggage area. It was ridiculous!

Burt's and Jack's Restaurant at the end of that pier has been gone for a long time. Not sure, but I think increased port security prevented the general public from just driving in and dining there. I had one chance to do so and it was an excellent dining venue. Very good food and service (with a price to match) and of course a killer view of the port.

We loved Burt and Jack's -- ate there about 3 or 4 times. Well worth the money.

Wasn’t Terminal 25 once a prime HAL terminal. Seems to me we boarded at Terminals 24 and 25 several times. Haven’t been in and out of Port Everglades in years on HAL and in fact last disembarkation there was two years ago on Silversea at Terminal 19.

Wasn’t Terminal 25 once a prime HAL terminal. Seems to me we boarded at Terminals 24 and 25 several times. Haven’t been in and out of Port Everglades in years on HAL and in fact last disembarkation there was two years ago on Silversea at Terminal 19.

I am not sure that Terminal 25 was a prime terminal for HAL, but it surely is possible that Terminal 22/24 may have been used at some time. Terminal 22/24 were created after the demolishing of Burt's and Jack's Restaurant at the end of the pier--if not before--if I remember correctly.

During one embarkation, there were three HAL ships in port and they were birthed at 25, 26, and 29. This was very unusual and I now wonder which vessel was at 21 at that time.