E-Ticket and Brooklyn Embarkation Questions

gkerlin

I just printed my e-ticket for our May 17 eastbound transit.

Having booked over a year ago (had to reserve 2 kennels for the pups) I've waited for the day that they became available.

I had expected some sort of official looking document with barcodes or something. Instead it's a simple page with my name, cabin number, and a few other pieces of info.... followed by 8 pages of contract.

So my question... is that it?

Is that the document that I bring to the terminal?

If so - the first page is ok and I don't need to also bring the 8 pages of contract I assume?

ALSO - the eticket says to arrive at 1530. That's only 90 min before the ship is supposed to depart. Sound reasonable?

Since we are going to have the dogs with us - a later arrival is better since one aboard and up on deck 12 they have to stay in their kennel till the ship departs so an hour or two on the first day would be less stressful for them anyway.

Just curious.

In my experience you need only print the first page. Sometimes no-one wants to see it yet other times it has been requested. Usually we are identified at the check-in desk by the swipe of the passports.

It seems you have been given the latest check-in time. If you wish to arrive sooner that is all right but you might have to wait a while to embark. Embarkation starts about 12:00 and those in Queen's and Princess Grills as well as Platinum and Diamond members of the Cunard World Club are given that time. That can be a lot of people, so arriving somewhat later might work better for you. As you say, you have the dogs to consider.

IME the only one who has been interested in the e-ticket has been the security guard checking IDs prior to the scanners. When you get to the check-in desk they ask for your passport and tell you to put the e-ticket away.

In my experience (5 transatlantics from Brooklyn), things really die down for arrivals by 2:30 (14:30).

I would not want to cut it to close in case of traffic. I wouldn't want my dogs to pick up on my anxiety.

I never print out the contract, just the 1st page.

Have a great trip .

OK that sounds good!

We’ll plan on being there by about 2 PM, that way the dogs aren’t locked in the kennel for too long prior to departure.

I will have to drop them off a little bit earlier, as I return the rental car at Avis about 2 miles away and have to find my way back

Two O'clock is good. Earlier than that, you will probably have to wait, at least a bit. And the first page is probably all you need. We have even shown up with nothing and they printed stuff out for us.