London Weather in June

We are having a bad summer at the moment, they are forecasting rain until the end of June and parts of the country have been flooded with gale force winds this weekend, temperatures are ranging from about 12c to 18c at the moment, we are having one of the worst summers on record. I would bring waterproof jacket and a couple if warm tops at least.

Definitely prepare for wet weather. They keep telling us that's it's going to improve, but since then it's got worse! Even floods now.

But England is a lovely country, as long as your prepared for the changeable weather :)

Enjoy!

Agree we've had a couple of weeks of bad weather but on average June is a mild to warm month in London and when we lived there we rarely wore a jacket in June, July and August but always had a jumper for cooler days and evenings..and an umbrella of course LOL. It's hard to say exactly what the weather will be like at the end of the month but the long range forecast says things won't really improve till July. Have a look at our official met office website - www.metoffice.gov.uk

Prepare for anything. We just got back from London the other day and it was pouring in the morning, then cloudy and windy, then sunny with blue skies. Then normal. Then drizzling. Then sunny. Then gale force winds. Then sheets of rain. Then happy, puffy clouds. All we wore was a sweatshirt and light shell rain jacket with a hood. Hoods are mandatory -- as are umbrellas! :D

Thanks for the replies.

Oh well, I guess I'll buy a waterproof shell w/hood before leaving. If the weather doesn't improve, I buy a souvenir sweatshirt instead of T-shirt. Regardless if weather, looking forward to our 1st visit to London. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the replies.

Oh well, I guess I'll buy a waterproof shell w/hood before leaving. If the weather doesn't improve, I buy a souvenir sweatshirt instead of T-shirt. Regardless if weather, looking forward to our 1st visit to London. :)

Perfect!

I bought a hooded London sweatshirt from the Cool Britannia store when we were there too.

Also, I'm not sure if it's about weather "improving", per se, but that they get various weather in one day. Everyone warned me that it was "4 seasons in a day" which was very true. Wind, rain, sun, hot, more rain, sun, etc all day long. ;)

Post-Med-cruise, we'll be spending time in London during the last week in June. What's the weather like, and what type of outerwear should we pack? Thank you.

Best time to visit London is June. The rain is warmer. :)

We arrived May 24 -- it was 27-30 celsius (hot) for the next few days and sunny --- when on the ship the temperature ranged from 10-15 celsius (16C=61F, 22=70). When we got off the ship on June 7 - it was about 16C and rained the entire day until about 5:00 - when the sun came out for the evening and felt warmer. The next morning was about 16C and sunny. In other words - dress in layers and have an umbrella handy at all times. Very few people used the pool the first few days - as we went north, nobody was crazy enought to venture in that i could see.

Prepare for anything. We just got back from London the other day and it was pouring in the morning, then cloudy and windy, then sunny with blue skies. Then normal. Then drizzling. Then sunny. Then gale force winds. Then sheets of rain. Then happy, puffy clouds. All we wore was a sweatshirt and light shell rain jacket with a hood. Hoods are mandatory -- as are umbrellas! :D

All of that sounds like a typical day here- whatever the month of the year!

It was quite warm and sunny in my bit of the country yesterday, but today is cold and very rainy and I think I'll be putting the heating on this evening.

Agree with the others, the long range forecast is not at all positive, certainly to the end of this month.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 26 Jun 2012 to Thursday 5 Jul 2012:

A quieter spell of weather at first, with some bright or sunny spells on Tuesday and just a few showers, most likely in the east. Cloudier conditions with rain in the southwest on Tuesday will spread northeastwards mid-week, turning heavier as it does so. Parts of the southeast may escape this rain until later next week. Turning generally more unsettled then from Friday, with rain or showers, heavy at times. The risk of thunder, but still some brightness in the southeast at first. Breezy at times, especially in the north and west. Into early July, generally unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain affecting most areas at times, but also some brightness. Temperatures near or just below average for many, but locally warm in the brighter southeast at first.

UK Outlook for Friday 6 Jul 2012 to Friday 20 Jul 2012:

The first half of July will probably see the changeable weather continuing to affect much of the United Kingdom. Most areas are likely to see showers or longer periods of rain at times, these interspersed with drier and sunnier periods. Rainfall amounts are generally expected to be close to the seasonal average, but be a little above normal towards southern and eastern parts of Britain. Temperatures are expected to be a little below average for the time of year, but could recover to closer to average during any drier, sunnier periods.

It's always a bad hair day in London. Rainy days are the rule not the exception. I've spent many summers in England and sometimes it was downright frigid.

So layers work the best. I do always bring a lightweight raincoat. I have a great one- It's red with a hood and pockets that button. Not only is it practical it is so useful for carrying bottled water, maps, etc.

For sightseeing I personally prefer the English summers to the Italian and Greek summers.

It was really warm yesterday and the day before -walking around in the evening in a tshirt and skirt for a meal out - today it rained heavily but wasn't cold

Similar on the south coast - glorious couple of days, dined in a pub garden last nite, then rain before midnight, cleared up thisafternoon.

You never can tell

JB :)

Archived