Seaside Theme nights?

girlcoguy

Taking my information from reviews posted on CC, videos I've viewed on facebook, youtube, and CC, and from threads here on CC and a couple of blog reviews I have seen mentioned, videoed, or pictures of a White Party possibly held on a formal night, a Disco party in the Garage Disco, a Gatsby or flapper / gangster / 1920 party location unknown, and a Tropical and/or Caribbean party apparently held on the pool deck.

According to MSC's website there may also be an Officers and Gentlemen event, Romeo and Juliet, Stardust, and Dancing Shoes which they define as Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire style.

At this point I've only seen a few Dailies which would probably give better details on all this. Right now I have a flapper costume I picked up for a Halloween event a couple of years ago and a disco outfit hanging waiting to be packed for this cruise. I kind of want to dress up for the white party but don't really have anything yet. Anyone else planning to dress up for any or all of these?

On the Xmas sailing the White night was held at 11.30 pm to 1 am outside on Deck 16, it was not on an Elegant night as they are now called!

They did have what we now know as a Mediterranean night which is the old Italian night but it was not advertised as such in the Daily for some reason.

The Dining room did have the Red,White and Green covers on the tables and the waiters had the same colour waistcoats on.

The other party was supposed to be a 60`70`80`s night but we never saw that advertised either.

There was however a show in the Haven lounge called the Gatsby.

On the Xmas sailing the White night was held at 11.30 pm to 1 am outside on Deck 16, it was not on an Elegant night as they are now called!

They did have what we now know as a Mediterranean night which is the old Italian night but it was not advertised as such in the Daily for some reason.

The Dining room did have the Red,White and Green covers on the tables and the waiters had the same colour waistcoats on.

The other party was supposed to be a 60`70`80`s night but we never saw that advertised either.

There was however a show in the Haven lounge called the Gatsby.

Is the Haven lounge the lounge for Yacht Club only? If so, I wonder if the Gatsby/Roaring 20s night is exclusively held there (for Yacht Club) or the whole ship. I hope to find this out before purchasing outfits for me and my family because we are in a Fantastica suite and not Yacht Club.

Two elegant nights, Italian night, and 70's night are pretty standard on MSC Caribbean cruises.

I think because we sailed over Christmas they didn't have 70's night and they mistakenly didn't put Italian night in the daily as Sidari mentioned. We even asked the concierge earlier in the day what the theme was and they said smart casual (for a second night in a row which is unusual for MSC). I asked the Maitre'D and the Sommelier about it at dinner and said we would have dressed for it had we known...they looked around the DR and realized no one had red, white, or green on and were upset that it hadn't been advertised. I'm sure it was a first week hiccup.

Is the Haven lounge the lounge for Yacht Club only? If so, I wonder if the Gatsby/Roaring 20s night is exclusively held there (for Yacht Club) or the whole ship. I hope to find this out before purchasing outfits for me and my family because we are in a Fantastica suite and not Yacht Club.

Two elegant nights, Italian night, and 70's night are pretty standard on MSC Caribbean cruises.

I think because we sailed over Christmas they didn't have 70's night and they mistakenly didn't put Italian night in the daily as Sidari mentioned. We even asked the concierge earlier in the day what the theme was and they said smart casual (for a second night in a row which is unusual for MSC). I asked the Maitre'D and the Sommelier about it at dinner and said we would have dressed for it had we known...they looked around the DR and realized no one had red, white, or green on and were upset that it hadn't been advertised. I'm sure it was a first week hiccup.

I am so glad you mentioned that we should wear red, white, or green for the Italian or Mediterranean night. I guess my white night outfit will have to do double duty. :)

• 2 months later...

Trying to make sure I have all the most current information for formals and themes.

Is the Gatsby theme replacing a formal night. Does the white party replace a formal night?

How was the food? Did you eat any specialty restaurants?

I just got off the Seaside yesterday.

There were two "elegant" nights to dress for dinner and White Night was on Italian night. None of the other theme nights were for dinner, only parties that started around 10-10:30 p.m in either the Haven Lounge (basically a bar with a dance floor) or up on the pool deck. And they overlapped with formal nights.Gatsby party was the same night as the first Elegant night, if I recall correctly. And both Elegant nights were on port days, not at Sea days as you might expect, so if you have early dinner and need time to get ready for Elegant night, don't wait until the final all aboard to get back to the ship.

So officially the dinner code out of seven nights was listed as Elegant for two nights, smart casual/White night for one night and smart casual for the other four nights.

Late night theme parties included Groovy/Flower Power, Western, Pirate, Gatsby, White Party. But if you only pack themes to wear to dinner you will run out of dinner clothes. Groovy/70's night was the only night we wore our theme clothes to dinner.

You don't know the next day's theme until you get the daily program the evening before. We only noticed a small, but enthusiastic, participation in most theme nights.

I am so glad you mentioned that we should wear red, white, or green for the Italian or Mediterranean night. I guess my white night outfit will have to do double duty. :)

White night was Italian night for us last week. Many wore white to dinner. The staff wore red/white/green, the menu was Italian, including Tiramisu for dessert and a sing-along to Volare. Later that night was the White Party up on the pool deck. That's all there was to either of the themes, that we noticed.

• 4 weeks later...