Bakery in Old San Juan

Airrace

Looking to find a good bakery in This Old San Juan that we can get a loaf of bread and some pastries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Consider asking your Hotel to prepare to your personal requirements. Don't think a hotel would decline.

Looking to find a good bakery in This Old San Juan that we can get a loaf of bread and some pastries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Or ask your hotel where the closest panaderia (bakery) is to your hotel.

Two classic places to get pastries are Cafe Mallorca and La Bombenara. But I don't recall seeing a lot of bread there.

We were in OSJ in February. La Bombonera is closed and had a for sale sign on the window. Mallorca has a limited supply of pastries, I did not see any bread for sale. La Caficultura has limited pastries also, again I did not see any bread for sale. Casa Cortes Chocobar has wonderful pastries (beware, also very expensive).

We were in OSJ in February. La Bombonera is closed and had a for sale sign on the window. Mallorca has a limited supply of pastries, I did not see any bread for sale. La Caficultura has limited pastries also, again I did not see any bread for sale. Casa Cortes Chocobar has wonderful pastries (beware, also very expensive).

It closed? Are you sure? People are still writing Trip Advisor reviews for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I'm sure La Bombonera was closed. And for sale. We went there to have breakfast and were quite surprised. Also, someone posted that the Parrot Club was open but it was closed with a for sale sign also. The Hotel Plaza De Armas (Howard Johnson) was closed. They had a restaurant attached to it but it was closed also.

I just read the reviews on trip Advisor. I thought I was loosing it so I called the couple who was travelling with us and asked them if they remembered Bombonera being closed. They said yes, they remembered how we stood and talked about how we hoped someone would buy it and open again. This was the end of this February.

I just read the reviews on trip Advisor. I thought I was loosing it so I called the couple who was travelling with us and asked them if they remembered Bombonera being closed. They said yes, they remembered how we stood and talked about how we hoped someone would buy it and open again. This was the end of this February.

Someone must have bought it and reopened it, so that’s good. It’s on my list of places to eat.

Please post when you return from your trip. Would like to know that Bombonera has re-opened. Love Puerto Rican coffee. I saw it for sale in the airport in San Juan and did not purchase any. I plan on purchasing some this next spring.

Have a great trip!!

Please post when you return from your trip. Would like to know that Bombonera has re-opened. Love Puerto Rican coffee. I saw it for sale in the airport in San Juan and did not purchase any. I plan on purchasing some this next spring.

Have a great trip!!

It’s definitely open. I’m sitting in it right now [emoji4]